• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Gauge(meter) Indicater Issue

lasa

Question

Guys,

I got my wagons dissel tank cleaned yday and also got my dissel pump repaired. But now fuel gauge(meter) show inacurate information. E.g : When i gave my wagon to mechnic it had fuel upto quater level(mechanic had used dissel from tank to wash tank and also he had usd the wagon when going to uy releavt parts, so fule level should be below quater level). But when i took it from mechanice place indicater was in quater level, but on the way i was driving it from mechnics workshop to home indicater went upto half level and then again it went to middle of quater and middle level. Then i pumped 500/- woth dissel(6-7 leters), after that meter start decreasing upto quater level and then aginto middel of quater and middle levels. Agin today also it sometimes goto middle level and quater level. But most of the times it stays at middel of middel and quater levels. Any of you guys have a clue about this?

2 answers to this question

Guys,

I got my wagons dissel tank cleaned yday and also got my dissel pump repaired. But now fuel gauge(meter) show inacurate information. E.g : When i gave my wagon to mechnic it had fuel upto quater level(mechanic had used dissel from tank to wash tank and also he had usd the wagon when going to uy releavt parts, so fule level should be below quater level). But when i took it from mechanice place indicater was in quater level, but on the way i was driving it from mechnics workshop to home indicater went upto half level and then again it went to middle of quater and middle level. Then i pumped 500/- woth dissel(6-7 leters), after that meter start decreasing upto quater level and then aginto middel of quater and middle levels. Agin today also it sometimes goto middle level and quater level. But most of the times it stays at middel of middel and quater levels. Any of you guys have a clue about this?

Careful fist remove the battery terminals otherwise any spark could be cause a fire!!!!!!!.

First check the gauge wire was damaged or halfy broken at the lug (connecting end to the gauge at the tank).

if not clean and tight the gauge wire.

Still the problum is there then the gauge might be fixed in a worng position or there is a cloge to the movement of floater arm

Regards,

Ruwan

Careful fist remove the battery terminals otherwise any spark could be cause a fire!!!!!!!.

First check the gauge wire was damaged or halfy broken at the lug (connecting end to the gauge at the tank).

if not clean and tight the gauge wire.

Still the problum is there then the gauge might be fixed in a worng position or there is a cloge to the movement of floater arm

Regards,

Ruwan

Thanks ruwan for info, i got my problem fixed today by going to mechanic. When he checked floter was loose and thats why wrong indications given. Still thanks for the advice.