• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lexus Ls460 Pics And Info

fuzzo

4.6L V8 380hp/370lb-ft of torque

8-speed automatic transmission

0-60 less than 5.5 seconds

Mid-20s MPG

Body Temperature sensors in seats

Automatic Parking assist

Smart Card (in place of key; can keep in wallet).

Built in Hard Drive for up to 4000 songs

Reclining seats (45 degrees) with ottomans and foot rests, massager

Individual DVD players

Link to pics

rear looks like a bimmer.. but i like the options on the car...

I am a big Toyota and Lexus fan, but the second and third generation LS has been a dissapointment in the looks department for me.

The first LS had its own identity, the second one had the rear end of a (then) Merc E class and now they seem to have copied the rear end of the BMW 7 series.

I am sure this LS will also be a huge success, especially in the US market. But to me, as much as I love these cars, Lexus has a long way to go, before they better the Germans.

Cheers

Duncan

TeamAutolanka

the lexus does really well in the US mainly due to its reliability. it is rated no 1 on JD powers i believe

Yup..I do believe its one of the highest rated cars in its class in America, and there really are LOTS of them around..which may be a not so good thing if you want a car thats not too common...but it still is a great car.

Do you guys really think it looks a lot like the 7?? To me it just seems to be a step in the styling direction they've been heading towards in the last few years, and the back seems to have a lot like the current ES I think.

Talking about lexus and toyoto..they just officially unveiled the new camry at the LA auto show I believe..what do you guys think?? Looks a little boring (but quite classy I guess), but I think they're doing really good with their engines, safety and comfort levels. It apparently comes with 7 standard airbags on all trim levels (including drivers knee airbags), and they've introduced a 3.5 V6 to the line up as well (possibly to compete against the maxima?). But I think they really need to start mating thier V6s with the manual transmissions again. My brother used to have a 97 3.0V6 with a stick (very very rare even for a 97 model)..and it was amazing. They should atleast offer it on the SE i think.

Oh yeah..the camry hybrid is also finally out with the new model...PZEV emissions rating and 41mpg in the city..i think thats pretty good, wouldn't you say?? Official sticker says 700miles in a single 17.1gallon tank of gas.in a camry!! though the day would never come!

for images that you upload to imageshack, you have to cut and paste the link for forum (1) as madz has posted

for pics posted elsewhere, you have to copy the location of the image, then press the image button, then you can paste the location of the image and it will show up like it does above..