• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Freinds Subaru Spec C

Velocity

over the weekend went to check out my freinds spec c in Matara ( Owned by Dasaraj who used to race the Black Evo 6 ). Pretty impressive in standard form and was impressed to see no turbo lag at all. Just like Evo 9 GT which is really smooth this is also a very smooth car.

This car has Suspension Tuned By Arai. I am sure he will mod it up for the races as he is planing to race Hill Climbs and also Circuit Meets.

daze1am7.jpg

daze2tr7.jpg

daze3mb4.jpg

Edited by Velocity

over the weekend went to check out my freinds spec c in Matara ( Owned by Dasaraj who used to race the Black Evo 6 ). Pretty impressive in standard from and was impressed to see no turbo lag at all. Just like Evo 9 GT which is really smooth this is also a very smooth car.

This car has Suspension Tuned By Arai. I am sure he will mod it up for the races as he is planing to race Hill Climbs and also Circuit Meets.

Very cool machine! Congrats Dasa..

Hi Everybody, I'm also from Matara and I've witness this Subaru Spec C on Matara Beach Road few times. It was damn fast every time and no doubt Dasaraj is enjoying his ride! Well He deserves that.

And I've noticed that it's got quite a loud blow off sound( I guess it is the turbo blow off valve making that instant sweet sound like pressured air escaping ), Anyway Congrtz to Mr. Dasaraj Hope to see you in action soon !

machan read the following. I think its pretty helpful. i think C stands for competition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_WRX

Hmmm even more confusion there with Spec GC and Rev. A B and C etc. Anyway I think you're right, C must stand for Competition as Subaru makes 1000 of them for Group N Homologation purposes.

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...spec-c-2006.htm

Unlike the Evo's, Subaru was never consistent with how the named their cars, especially after the GC chassis was replaced by the newer GD model.

GC competition models were easily spotted out by the Type R and RA suffix to the relevant STI version.

But for the GD models, I had to refer to the STI site (in japanese!) to understand how they named their cars...especially the Spec "X" and Type "X" models...there's a whole slew of acronyms that were added to the STI range- from Type/Spec A, C, R, RA, RA-R...confusing!!!

The penultimate STI is said to be the limited edition Type RA-R...which i believe is 300 cars.

This is before the new grandma-model came out...

• 2 years later...
Pardon my ignorance but I've always wanted to know what "Spec C" stands for.... Is there Spec A and B as well? Or is C for Competition?

apologies to people who already know this ---the following is for people like me --

--just saw this on the internet -- Subaru- impreza -wrx -sti -spec c -rar stands for :-

Subaru Impreza World Rally Experiment Subaru Technica International Competition Spec Radical Record Attempt