• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slmcc Nuwara Eliya Road Races

shamitz

Sri Lanka Motorcycle club will conduct the Nuwara Eliya Road races this april season.

The dates proposed are 19th & 20th of April.

Here are some of the confirmed events :

Standard/Modified 150cc - 4stroke

Standard/Modified 125cc - 2stroke

Standard/Modified 250cc - 4stroke

Standard/Modified 250cc - 2stroke

Standard/Modified 600cc - 4stroke

Racing / GP bikes - 125cc - 2stroke

Racing / GP Bikes - 250cc - 2stroke

Super Motard - upto 450cc

Super Motard - Open

Call SLMCC for more details 0602168603

Dates & Car Events are still pending confirmation.

Initially the event "Standard/Modified 1000cc - 4stroke" was proposed & confirmed by the club, but was removed this evening, from the card of events for this meet, due to concerns of safety expressed by the Authorities involved in governing the sport.

I guess all those who wish to participate at this meet should have some sort of prior racing experience at a circuit meet ( on or off road) or hill climb.

The club will also want some sort of proof of participation at a prior meet

Edited by shamitz

• 1 month later...
Sri Lanka Motorcycle club will conduct the Nuwara Eliya Road races this april season.

The dates proposed are 19th & 20th of April.

Here are some of the confirmed events :

Standard/Modified 150cc - 4stroke

Standard/Modified 125cc - 2stroke

Standard/Modified 250cc - 4stroke

Standard/Modified 250cc - 2stroke

Standard/Modified 600cc - 4stroke

Racing / GP bikes - 125cc - 2stroke

Racing / GP Bikes - 250cc - 2stroke

Super Motard - upto 450cc

Super Motard - Open

Call SLMCC for more details 0602168603

Dates & Car Events are still pending confirmation.

Initially the event "Standard/Modified 1000cc - 4stroke" was proposed & confirmed by the club, but was removed this evening, from the card of events for this meet, due to concerns of safety expressed by the Authorities involved in governing the sport.

I guess all those who wish to participate at this meet should have some sort of prior racing experience at a circuit meet ( on or off road) or hill climb.

The club will also want some sort of proof of participation at a prior meet

This club made a mess with the last year’s event and put the competitors into trouble also a competitor lost his life at the track.

In early 70’s a spectator died in N’Eliya road race, in 93 again another spectator died in Galle road race, in 2000 another rider met with an accident in N’Eliya road race and still partially paralysed, finally a competitor died in 2007 at the N’Eliya road race. All these events were conducted by the same club (Sri Lanka Motorcycle club)

I think it is a deadly event, Organizers and the Governing body should think about not conducting this event

This club made a mess with the last year’s event and put the competitors into trouble also a competitor lost his life at the track.

In early 70’s a spectator died in N’Eliya road race, in 93 again another spectator died in Galle road race, in 2000 another rider met with an accident in N’Eliya road race and still partially paralysed, finally a competitor died in 2007 at the N’Eliya road race. All these events were conducted by the same club (Sri Lanka Motorcycle club)

I think it is a deadly event, Organizers and the Governing body should think about not conducting this event

My hats off for Racing Lover

Yeah mate...I've also followed this story on press and as far as my understanding of things....the said club was responsible for the cok-up and didn't even have the courtesy to handle things properly and left riders in the dark and to deal with things themselves...

If any club can't do it's utmost to protect their members and especially racers, those clubs should be blacklisted by the racing community...

If things were beyond human control i can understand but the last time's incident was a major organizing mess up and complete ignorance in an insanely idiotic scale...

If any SLMCC members are here...would love if they can correct me if i'm wrong...

But in my opinion... If you can't properly do an event... don't risk people's lives like that...

we all know racing is taking chances and at times people will pay with their lives... But those who organize these things should do their best to minimize the risks caused by track conditions...

Yeah mate...I've also followed this story on press and as far as my understanding of things....the said club was responsible for the cok-up and didn't even have the courtesy to handle things properly and left riders in the dark and to deal with things themselves...

If any club can't do it's utmost to protect their members and especially racers, those clubs should be blacklisted by the racing community...

If things were beyond human control i can understand but the last time's incident was a major organizing mess up and complete ignorance in an insanely idiotic scale...

If any SLMCC members are here...would love if they can correct me if i'm wrong...

But in my opinion... If you can't properly do an event... don't risk people's lives like that...

we all know racing is taking chances and at times people will pay with their lives... But those who organize these things should do their best to minimize the risks caused by track conditions...

good shot :violent-smiley-030:

Edited by FIM

nah not a shot mate... i've been on bikes since i was about 15 or so and have my fair share of scars, near death experiences etc to appreciate life a lil bit more.

It just pisses me off to hear people not doing their utmost to ensure things are as safe at it should be...

there's no doubt that crashes will happen, people will get hurt or worse die... but this shouldn't be due to negligence on the part of the organizers...

And what really sucked according to media was that this club officials not having the guts to face the riders which is really pathetic to say the least

that's just my humble opinion from a rider's point of view :)

nah not a shot mate... i've been on bikes since i was about 15 or so and have my fair share of scars, near death experiences etc to appreciate life a lil bit more.

It just pisses me off to hear people not doing their utmost to ensure things are as safe at it should be...

there's no doubt that crashes will happen, people will get hurt or worse die... but this shouldn't be due to negligence on the part of the organizers...

And what really sucked according to media was that this club officials not having the guts to face the riders which is really pathetic to say the least

that's just my humble opinion from a rider's point of view :)

Yea you are correct.

This is the only club where two Presidents resigned within one year. Both Presidents resigned due to internal politicks and domination of one or two committee members who are trying to kill the sport(which is a public secret).

Yea you are correct.

This is the only club where two Presidents resigned within one year. Both Presidents resigned due to internal politicks and domination of one or two committee members who are trying to kill the sport(which is a public secret).

And another committee member is resigning too !! for the very same reasons ;)

Is there any SLMCC committee member here?

I heard there is a elderly (old) committee member who is up graded to the top post due to the resignation of the President is also the key committee member of SLARDAR,SLAS(Governing body for motor cars) & FMSSL(Governing body for motorcycles).

It is like having four wives. Don’t know to which wife he is faithful. :unsure:

Edited by Two wheeler

I heard there is a elderly (old) committee member who is up graded to the top post due to the resignation of the President is also the key committee member of SLARDAR,SLAS(Governing body for motor cars) & FMSSL(Governing body for motorcycles).

Yes two wheeler(I am not a committee member).

Even though it is called a motorcycle club there is only one young motorcycle guy all the others are either car drivers or elderly persons who are with walking sticks who doesn’t allow the youngsters to come in. :action-smiley-060:

Yes two wheeler(I am not a committee member).

Even though it is called a motorcycle club there is only one young motorcycle guy all the others are either car drivers or elderly persons who are with walking sticks who doesn’t allow the youngsters to come in. :action-smiley-060:

that's utter madness... with all due respect for car drivers i don't think a car driver can ever truly understand bikers and biking... only a biker would know that...

I know few old folks who really love bikes but some of them also sadly think only the bikes of their days are the "true" bikes and the newer ones are just for bling only.... So the newer "bikers" are not up to their specs sorta stupid logic...

Most of our people have tunnel vision...and that's sad

FIM/Racing Lover/ Two Wheeler, you guys should meet up and chat on these mutual interests and co-incidentally similar points of view in person, since it would appear you either work closely, or are the same person. Don't really mind, but pls, do be careful when posting comments that could be construed as libel/slander.

You heard right Dude ;)

FIM/Racing Lover/ Two Wheeler, you guys should meet up and chat on these mutual interests and co-incidentally similar points of view in person, since it would appear you either work closely, or are the same person. Don't really mind, but pls, do be careful when posting comments that could be construed as libel/slander.

LOL that was some blatant multiple account posting...

I think Pericles don't know what's happening in the racing field. If he talks to some of the SLMCC committee members he will know what is happening inside the club.

I think Pericles don't know what's happening in the racing field. If he talks to some of the SLMCC committee members he will know what is happening inside the club.

what pericles knows or doesn't know doesn't change the fact that you're suspiciously using 2 or 3 different accounts on AL...

I don't. I don't really care either. But I do know that there are multiple posts from the same IP using 3 separate IDs bashing some clubs and praising others. There is no need to go around creating ill-will that way. If you have want to expose something you dislike about the club, just say it. Shamitz has agreed, there is no problem. There is just no need for this multiple account stuff.

And believe me, I'm not backing the SLMCC or the MRA. I don't know their internal politics. But I would have said the same if you had bashed the MRA and praised the SLMCC.

I don't. I don't really care either. But I do know that there are multiple posts from the same IP using 3 separate IDs bashing some clubs and praising others. There is no need to go around creating ill-will that way. If you have want to expose something you dislike about the club, just say it. Shamitz has agreed, there is no problem. There is just no need for this multiple account stuff.

And believe me, I'm not backing the SLMCC or the MRA. I don't know their internal politics. But I would have said the same if you had bashed the MRA and praised the SLMCC.

man that's pretty low if it's the same person using 3 accounts to target a person or a club and bash em :angry-smiley-024:

thanks Peri for the heads up :)

Got the following information from a reliable source:

President’s Secretary has sent a official letter to the Municipal Commissioner of Nuwara Eliya to consider not to have the motor car races and only to have the motorcycle races considering the safety of the competitors and the spectators

Got the following information from a reliable source:

President’s Secretary has sent a official letter to the Municipal Commissioner of Nuwara Eliya to consider not to have the motor car races and only to have the motorcycle races considering the safety of the competitors and the spectators

what would be the reason? safety or security?

Peri, Sharkster and Admins

I think we should have some form of control over people who abuse "freedom of speech" at AL by using multiple accounts to bash/slander if it's proven to be the case.

Good that you guys spotted this and these sorta folks should not be tolerated at AL... It's destroys the integrity of the forum IMHO :violent-smiley-099:

Peri, Sharkster and Admins

I think we should have some form of control over people who abuse "freedom of speech" at AL by using multiple accounts to bash/slander if it's proven to be the case.

Good that you guys spotted this and these sorta folks should not be tolerated at AL... It's destroys the integrity of the forum IMHO :violent-smiley-099:

thanks for your support... :) we'll take action if the multiple account bashing continues...