• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Speed

Hungry_Minder

Question

I have a Lance GLX CB2A one.Once my uncle have been reduce the engine.As I know may be acceleration speed.I dont know the reason that why he did this.

But now i want to get it to original speed.Is any body know the normal speed and speed with AC in this model.

Last week i tried to get this done from mechanic.as he told me with ac RMP should be less than 1000 and without ac it should be more than 1000 (exactly i cant remember this value.) or something.

But after few days i saw that engine became to that normal speed automatically.

I am little bit scared about this.What might be the reason for this.Is problem with my engine,engine oil,bla bla.....

Hope your answer soon

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I have a Lance GLX CB2A one.Once my uncle have been reduce the engine.As I know may be acceleration speed.I dont know the reason that why he did this.

But now i want to get it to original speed.Is any body know the normal speed and speed with AC in this model.

Last week i tried to get this done from mechanic.as he told me with ac RMP should be less than 1000 and without ac it should be more than 1000 (exactly i cant remember this value.) or something.

I am little bit scared about this.What might be the reason for this.Is problem with my engine,engine oil,bla bla.....

Hope your answer soon

Thanks

I guess your engine is 4G15 n carb... the ideal RPM for this is 650(50+-) with a/c its 700 (50+-). If the engine does not idle at the same speed check your carb. i'm not sure who your mechanic is but i don't think he has ever seen a service manual. No mitsubishi idles at over 1000 RPM with or without a/c. Higher idle speed means poorly tuned.

If your engine is EFI clean the sensors. this should bring the things to default settings.

hope this helps..

Hope your answer soon

Thanks

If your car does not idle up properly when the AC comes on then your idle speed controller maybe faulty a common problem with Mitsubishi's of that generation