• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Owners Clubs In Sri Lanka ?

pathola 1

Not fixed the budget.. since I need a good job. I've seen Milroy's paint jobs n they are awesome. But he takes bout a month to paint a car..!! I can't live with that.

Any other suggestions?? I was thinking of paying a visit to Kenzo.

It may take you a little bit more than a month to do it as sometimes there is a waitng list and depends on how extensive the paint job is. One of my friends got some paint work done in December to an E36 - 325i conversion and painted it Imola red (BMW M3 colour) and it looks awesome. He tried Kenzo but they were more expensive, but would take less time to turnaround. I have heard from a few sources that their work is quite good too. Worth a chat and may be a visit.

I did go today to Milroys and I was told that the painting department has a bit less work other than the accident cars that will eventually feed in to their process. Worth a shot !

Personally since I have been through the mill, I will always stick to Milroy for a quality, attention to detail and they know inside-out of these cars

Iv seen that E36 up close, the paint job is indeed superb. I'm going to visit the place in Nugegoda VVTi recommended, and also another place up hokandara road recommended to me, to see if whether they can deliver.

I would prefer a place close to Malabe or Dehiwala for me to check up on the car regularly, and Milroy is a bit too far for me [and maybe a bit too expensive] :(.....where is Kenzo located?

Iv seen that E36 up close, the paint job is indeed superb. I'm going to visit the place in Nugegoda VVTi recommended, and also another place up hokandara road recommended to me, to see if whether they can deliver.

I would prefer a place close to Malabe or Dehiwala for me to check up on the car regularly, and Milroy is a bit too far for me [and maybe a bit too expensive] :(.....where is Kenzo located?

Remind me to show you a place on Monday morning. Its quite close to your place. Has a paint booth. They did my car sometime back.

Guys, Anyone using Meyle-HD suspension components?

Thrust arm bushings and front lower control arm bushings need changing in my car and the HD (Heavy Duty) comes with a 4 year guarantee. But I've been told these are stiffer and will affect the comfort level somewhat.

Btw, the Meyle-HD is about RM80 ( about USD 30) cheaper than Lemforder...

Should i stick to OE?

Edited by VWvortex

Guys, Anyone using Meyle-HD suspension components?

Thrust arm bushings and front lower control arm bushings need changing in my car and the HD (Heavy Duty) comes with a 4 year guarantee. But I've been told these are stiffer and will affect the comfort level somewhat.

Btw, the Meyle-HD is about RM80 ( about USD 30) cheaper than Lemforder...

Should i stick to OE?

Hey,

I used Delphi for the lower control arm bushings (10k for the pair on ebay), and lemforder (7k for the pair from singapore delivered)for the trust links (stabilizer bar links). For the stabilizer bar bushes, i used BMW parts from the agents (cost about 7k for the set).

By meaning heavy duty, r u refering to powerflex bushes? they are supposed to outlast life time of rubber bushings by 10 fold. Last time i checked, delivered price for a set for the entire front suspension is around 20k.

Forum member MADMMX has a set of powerflex bushes fitted in to his car. You should be able to get some feedback on the drivng comfort from him.

Hey,

I used Delphi for the lower control arm bushings (10k for the pair on ebay), and lemforder (7k for the pair from singapore delivered)for the trust links (stabilizer bar links). For the stabilizer bar bushes, i used BMW parts from the agents (cost about 7k for the set).

By meaning heavy duty, r u refering to powerflex bushes? they are supposed to outlast life time of rubber bushings by 10 fold. Last time i checked, delivered price for a set for the entire front suspension is around 20k.

Forum member MADMMX has a set of powerflex bushes fitted in to his car. You should be able to get some feedback on the drivng comfort from him.

Hi,

The Lemforder thrust arm is about USD 130 each ( includes the bushes and ball joint). Meyle-HD is supposed offer a nice balance between stiffnes and comfort. Polyflex is apparently quite harsh. Anyhow with our road conditions I'm still in two minds on the Meyle-HD's. This arm is cheaper at around USD 105 each.

U paid 7k for the whole Lemforder Upper Arm (Thrust arm) or just the bushes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not fixed the budget.. since I need a good job. I've seen Milroy's paint jobs n they are awesome. But he takes bout a month to paint a car..!! I can't live with that.

Any other suggestions?? I was thinking of paying a visit to Kenzo.

also try autoforce in dehiwela. they did a complete paint job for me in less than 2 weeks. complete strip. highly recommend

Guys, FYI the E39 suspension is far more complex than the e46. In the E46 its just lower arms and rear bushes + the stabilizer bars + stabilizer bushes on the front. The E39 has many more bits from what I hear. Fairly more pricey than the E46 but its a bigger heaver car. Meyle have a very good reputation in the states and Europe - their factory is also in Germany and their parts are uprated over stock BMW parts. Generally all what I've read about them have been quite good. The powerflex bushes are slightly different to the normal poly bushes and while being stiffer are not that harsh and gives a stiffer (albeit described as sporty :) ) feel to the steering and the front end. The reason being the stock standard bushes are actually oil / gel filled and in time the rubber punctures and causes the oil / gel to leak out eventually totally destroying the bush. The powerflex unlike some actually come in two parts - the middle bit that fits the lower arm actually is separate from the outer bush and the gap is filled with a light coating of silicon grease. In UK they use nothing but these. On our roads generally the stock bushes last 3-4 years depending on the roads you drive.

Actually VW think you're quite ok with the meyle ones. Lemforder actually produce some of the oem (or bmw genuine) parts like the tie rods for bmw. However BMW say their QC is more stringent than other manufactures hence the higher price.

Actually it will boil down to judgement and how fat or thin your wallet is in the end. Prestige charge about 800k (yes that's 800k LKR) to replace out the whole E39 suspension.For the E39 parts also refer the US sites as the car is very popular there and there are lots of E39 fan clubs in the US. Meyle is quite popular there.

Cheers,

MadMMx