• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Owners Clubs In Sri Lanka ?

pathola 1

Machan,

Try Mr. Paint. They quoted 8000 per panel - ie buffer, door or wing when I wanted to touch up / repaint my buffer. Did a fairly decent job of it too - matched to the code and its cured in the booth. Only word of advice - get them to take off the bonnet and paint it - don't attempt to do it while on the car - the thinner will kill the wipers and wreak havoc with the sensors in the car. The color code is on the suspension post inside the bonnet - ie mine is 442 grey green.

Cheers,

MadMMx

Edited by MadMMX

Just got my car bonnet keyed by a god forsaken SOB yday :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099: . Arabian motors quoted 15k for the bonnet. Saw their BMW colour chart and the sample was an exact match. They wanted 3 days because of it being the bonnet.

Did a paint job on my 325 bonnet last year. Cost me the approximately the same cost at Milroys.

Machan,

Try Mr. Paint. They quoted 8000 per panel - ie buffer, door or wing when I wanted to touch up / repaint my buffer. Did a fairly decent job of it too - matched to the code and its cured in the booth. Only word of advice - get them to take off the bonnet and paint it - don't attempt to do it while on the car - the thinner will kill the wipers and wreak havoc with the sensors in the car. The color code is on the suspension post inside the bonnet - ie mine is 442 grey green.

Cheers,

MadMMx

Thanks machang. Will go show the car to them over the weekend. 8,000 is not bad at all. Any idea of how long they take? Arabian motors wanted 3 days to cure it because of it being the bonnet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys quick one. Should I stick to the service indicator or go by mileage for the service intervals. last service was at the stealers and they wanted it brought in after 7k km.

Generally after a service and change of oil your indicator should show just over 15,500 miles for the next service. I generally service mine when it hits ~10,000 miles. It depends though, I know a few who keep changing oil every 5,000 miles(8,000 kms)and some who even do it once its hits close to the 15k miles.

Any reason why you were asked to bring the vehicle in after 7,000 kms?

Any reason why you were asked to bring the vehicle in after 7,000 kms?

Basically for inspection and service.

My plan is to keep changing oil+oil filter+air filter around 8000km or every 6 months. Also do you guys change the fuel filter at every service?

Perhaps your Inspection 1 or 2 is scheduled by that time. Personally I believe that it is a waste to service the car before your indicator tells you to do so. Fuel filter is not changed that often. Again, its all personal preference and how deep the owners pockets are.

Basically for inspection and service.

My plan is to keep changing oil+oil filter+air filter around 8000km or every 6 months. Also do you guys change the fuel filter at every service?

Ok. What is your car btw? Is it a E39 ? Do you use your car as a daily driver?

If so you can change the oil and oil filter, but its not necessary to change the air filter. You should be able to use the air filter for around a year without replacing. Yes I do change the fuel filter every year when my service is due. What's the oil you use? Castrol or Mobil?

All depends on your need and the condition of the filters+plus oil when you take it for a routine check/service and the recommendation by the agents.

Anyone else, please share your thoughts and expertise, please.

Cheers

Pockets aren't that deep, but don't want to be penny wise pound foolish too :-)

Last time the stealers changed the fuel filter and carbon filters as well...And i got the brake fluids flushed out.

I've read the service indicator is quite accurate but not to rely only on that.

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/Tip_and_Tricks_Inspection.html

Here the recommended service/inspection intervals are 5000 miles . but i know many owners say different things on forums