• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Montero

podilamaya

Hi guys

I came across Mitsubishi Montero (face lifted Pejero , like Mitsubishi shogun in ), year 2000 brand new, full option 3OOOcc V6 petrol with 302-xxxx number plates,

Please tell me what are the things should I consider or have to check before commit on this. (I already know it does only 4.5Km per L)

How much would be the usual market price for this

Tks

Hi guys

I came across Mitsubishi Montero (face lifted Pejero , like Mitsubishi shogun in ), year 2000 brand new, full option 3OOOcc V6 petrol with 302-xxxx number plates,

Please tell me what are the things should I consider or have to check before commit on this. (I already know it does only 4.5Km per L)

Tks

Fuel is usually the biggest issue with those Monteros. The ride is much better than the newer V75 Montero. Most of those petrol Monteros came with the adjustable suspension switch. Just double check the cost of the shocks (hydro electric I think). As long as the mileage is not too high (over 175k) and its well maintained there shouldn't be major issues. I remember getting just over 5km/l outstation but with some spirited driving on one of these a good 7 or 8 years back.

Do a good round over rutty roads and check out all the little noises that come up on these SUV. Especially with the Leather.

Prices will range from about 3-3.4mil.

Talking of SUV prices, a KB-regd Grand Vitara XL7 went for 3 mil in the D&K auction last sunday.

[quote name='podilamaya' date='Feb 11 2008, 02:59 PM' post='62058'

Hi guys

Tks

I believe the jeep you are referring to was there in the autolanka classified. Anyway I did come across this jeep (white, wit a hilton sticker on the windscreen) few weeks ago at a garage, it was there for the water pump to be replaced. And i recall the mechanic telling me that they were buying a new pump from the company. So if the owner is somebody who buys brandnew spares from the company when there are enough of recondition parts available on the market, I believe he is somebody who maintains the jeep well. Also I did check the jeep and i remember it been in comparatively good condition. The leather seats seemed to be fine, and also i remember seein the mileage abt 105k. But overall i was quite pleased with the condition of the jeep. Also i think the owner was expecting 3.5 million, which i tink is a good price considerin that the diesel (65-) of the same model goes for abt 5 - 5.5 mill.. But i tink if u cud negotiate and buy it for about 3.1/3.2 mill., it wud be a bargain for u. and i'm sure you would be able to sell it for >3.5 mill later on.

I believe the only worrying factors are the petrol consumption and maintenance.