• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Grate High Way…….

Nilantha

Form the scenery around looks like the road from Kandy to Nuwara-Eliya. This road was done-up recently.

Or even may be the Awissawella - Hatton road.

Its not the Hatton road. I'd agree it might be the Kandy to NE road. It was very nicely done. Unfortunately, I was in a Corolla... Madz's :D Very good Corolla, but I def miss my car in those moments.

Its not the Hatton road. I'd agree it might be the Kandy to NE road. It was very nicely done. Unfortunately, I was in a Corolla... Madz's :D Very good Corolla, but I def miss my car in those moments.

haha ok, Preveen then for this year's Foxhill you can take your Very good 'Pulsar' while I drive my Very good 'Corolla' ....deal ? :rolleyes:

Guys

Can any one tell where this grade highway is?

dsc03849kz0.th.jpg

dsc03850xx5.th.jpg

dsc03853mr6.th.jpg

Kandy-Nuwara eliya road also has similar looks but can't be 100% if this the same highway we're talking about :)

And yes the Kandy>NuwaraEliya road is damn good now...I've gone there on a bike trip and bloody nice turns with ya boots touching the ground at times :)

Hopefully making another trip next month or so :jumping-smiley-013:

The only sad thing to see is that advertisers have started to put up junk billboard there just ruining the beautiful scenery :violent-smiley-099:

Hope the local government fellas up there realizes that people visit NE etc for the scenic beauty of the natural environment and not for man made visual garbage :)

This seems to be rathnapura-Balangoda road. Good for civics. :P

you correct JAGA..........

This is From Rathnapura to Haputhale, now almost finished. i think this is to Rathnapura to Badulla. but i went only to Haputhale.

Edited by Nilantha

The Kandy - Nuwaraeliya road is great to drive & the tunnel in Ramboda is to be opened shortly.

I heard about some land slides in Badulla - Haputale area couple of weeks back, was is on this newly done-up road??

yes i was near BERAGALA Junction.

The Kandy - Nuwaraeliya road is great to drive & the tunnel in Ramboda is to be opened shortly.

I heard about some land slides in Badulla - Haputale area couple of weeks back, was is on this newly done-up road??

think the tunnel was opened or something... think i saw something to that effect today as front page news on a news daily :)

apparently the tunnel is over 200metres long :) perfect for testing out the exhaust tone of my modded pipe :lol:

haha ok, Preveen then for this year's Foxhill you can take your Very good 'Pulsar' while I drive my Very good 'Corolla' ....deal ? :rolleyes:

I am very tempted to, but there is a chance of there being areas I might not be able to handle. And I'm not sure I have the range :D

Have to think more and see...

Question is how long these roads will survive, before being dug up by SLT, WaterBoard, CEB and since recently Dialog...

Actually, I dunno about dialog. They are digging up the CBK Mawatha pavement to lay something down, but staying clear of the road. Dunno if they follow that policy everywhere, just talking of my experience.