• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Refurbishing Interior To Its Original Condition

GuruG

Question

Thx to our high quality roads our cars end up in more moving parts inside the passenger compartment than under the bonet. One of my firends hav a old van. Everything is in good condition. When ur travelin in it its like going with a bunch of lil cudly pupies. We r pretty that the puppies r inside. :action-smiley-060: Guys how to get rid of this?

5 answers to this question

Thx to our high quality roads our cars end up in more moving parts inside the passenger compartment than under the bonet. One of my firends hav a old van. Everything is in good condition. When ur travelin in it its like going with a bunch of lil cudly pupies. We r pretty that the puppies r inside. :action-smiley-060: Guys how to get rid of this?

i'm afraid there aren't any short cuts to this but to painstakingly identify the culprits and attend to them... :)

As parts slowly wear out their original tolerances change and part of that result among many other things is these squeeks...it'll be very very difficult to completely get rid of them without a lot of effort and moolah put into the equation...

I'd opt for a good sound system and just forget about the rattles :lol:

Doors (Especially the rear and side) - get them re-pinned and re-adjusted.

Seats - You may have to seal the rotary functions if there are any. Rebush the reclining backs.

A/C units (Rear if any) - Remove and refit proper.

Glove box-Ash trays keep free of light and solid objects such as nuts,bolts,pens and coins

Key tag swinging against the steering column guard is another terrible noise.

The bonnet stay vibration is the biggest culprit of engine bay noise.

Lose/worn lock mechanism inside door panels ,another rattle noise source.

MINIACE

in Vans (as in this case) the biggest culprit are the seats...this is generally as a result of the seats being fixed later. most of the vans that come to SL are delivery with no seats in the back, they get fixed later. these seats, unlike car seats are not fully integrated into the body and are more or less like ordinary seats just revereted into the floor.

Edited by pissa