• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Timer

Iroshana

Question

Can anybody explain whether the engine timer is mandatory for a vehicle with turbo charger? Because I have seen many vehicles with turbo charger but no engine timer. But I read its necessary for a turbo charger to have a good life time? Is it true?

10 answers to this question

Can anybody explain whether the engine timer is mandatory for a vehicle with turbo charger? Because I have seen many vehicles with turbo charger but no engine timer. But I read its necessary for a turbo charger to have a good life time? Is it true?

it is not mandatory., if u dont have a turbo timer...u simply need to keep the engine on for 15 secs max.....if u have a timer its easy.... u can just switch it off and go....timer will look after the rest.

The Duration is Depend on Hw hard u Drive, In Normal Timers we can only set the time to 30 sec , one minute , etc but in Auto Timers we can set the timer according to the RPM

A-L - will start to calculate time automatically after 1800rpm. Low setting A-S - will start to calculate time automatically after 1200rpm. Medium setting

A-H - will start to calculate time automatically after 900rpm. High setting

E-L - will start to calculate time according to how long the ignition has been on. Adds 55 seconds per hour.

E-H -will start to calculate time according to how long the ignition has been on. Adds130 seconds per hour

The Duration is Depend on Hw hard u Drive, In Normal Timers we can only set the time to 30 sec , one minute , etc but in Auto Timers we can set the timer according to the RPM

A-L - will start to calculate time automatically after 1800rpm. Low setting A-S - will start to calculate time automatically after 1200rpm. Medium setting

A-H - will start to calculate time automatically after 900rpm. High setting

E-L - will start to calculate time according to how long the ignition has been on. Adds 55 seconds per hour.

E-H -will start to calculate time according to how long the ignition has been on. Adds130 seconds per hour

Very useful information. Do you recommend to have a auto timer instead a normal timer?

Very useful information. Do you recommend to have a auto timer instead a normal timer?

I think other than spending lots of money its gud to have a Normal Tubro Timer but i personally like BLITZ DTT (Dual Turbo Timer) DC IV, cus this timer has a boost gauge and it also shows the Boost Peak,

still i dnt have a Timer Fixed to my Car :(

9f4d_1.JPG

Edited by GihanFX

I think other than spending lots of money its gud to have a Normal Tubro Timer but i personally like BLITZ DTT (Dual Turbo Timer) DC IV, cus this timer has a boost gauge and it also shows the Boost Peak,

still i dnt have a Timer Fixed to my Car :(

9f4d_1.JPG

any idea about the price of this DTT

btw I saw an Apexi timer [405-A011] at Motorcade for about 14k 1981.jpganyone using this?

any idea about the price of this DTT

btw I saw an Apexi timer [405-A011] at Motorcade for about 14k 1981.jpganyone using this?

got a locally made turbo timer for the Vitara last July, still works like a charm.. cost Rs.1,200/=

Though it doesnt have a fancy LCD.. just a preset that determines the delay...

got a locally made turbo timer for the Vitara last July, still works like a charm.. cost Rs.1,200/=

Though it doesnt have a fancy LCD.. just a preset that determines the delay...

Hey, From where did you get it?

its a place in matara... i dont quite remember the name it was something like 'wasantha more electricals' or something like that.. pretty well-known place in the matara area... they make it themselves and put it in a little plastic casing that you can screw on under the dash.. If you ARE going to matara anytime soon let me know i'll ask get more info...

Hey If you go tot he boat-show you can get one there from a stall by Sujith Motors. Its in the Right wing of the BMICH convention hall. (the boat-show is on till tomorrow)

It might be a bit more than what I got mine for (which was Rs.1200/=) considering everything's going up in price... but they're quite helpful and even the installation is a DIY job three wires Red=12v, Yellow=Ignition, Black= Hand Brake, thats it :)