• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Ur Opinion

ThunderBolt

Question

When I start my car in the morning I get a very strong petrol smell. I get it only in the mornings (cold start )

One of my engine coils is not doing so good and had some misses in the morning. Since it’s not worst I didn’t want to replace it.

Because of that my rpm meter slightly fluctuate when idle state . (750 -800)

can this be due to fuel filter I'm the second owner and has done 120 K. do i have to replace the fuel filter ? or clean it .

I would like to know ur opinion on this situation. My car is a FORD Laser (Mazda BJ5P model) 2001

Edited by ThunderBolt

7 answers to this question

Better get a tune up done. I had a FORD 2000 model and i used to have the RPM fluctuate problem. I got all the injectors clean and replaced Air Filters etc: Then the problem was not there again..

Better get the coil replced as well. Then you can iliminate it out from the problem... I don't think you have to replce the fuel filter...

/bigDaddy

If this has the Ford/Mazda engine I think they have a shared dry coil. These are prone to failure if the ignition system is overloaded-i.e. incorrect plugs, gaps even old age! Replace the coil ASAP along with plugs as well making sure the gap is right.

These do suffer from fluctuating idle problems, mostly caused by contaminated throttle body, You may find a label asking you not to clean it, ignore and clean with a good quality air intake cleaner-I use W**th. Re fit and take it for a good drive to allow the ecu to re learn it's settings.DO NOT ADJUST THE THROTTLE STOP AS THIS WILL CAUSE MAJOR PROBLEMS>

Maithri