• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

March K 11 @ 2001 - Drinks Fuel

dimdim

Am a new owner and my car is in good condition... maintained with the agent etc etc...

Doesnt do good on fuel!!! I have put 'valvoline injector cleaner and system enhancer' also ...

Any thoughts to get this to do more????? : <_<

Edited by dimdim

• 1 month later...
Am a new owner and my car is in good condition... maintained with the agent etc etc...

Doesnt do good on fuel!!! I have put 'valvoline injector cleaner and system enhancer' also ...

You better check spark plugs and do a engine tune up if havent done recently. anyway, what is the mileage?

One of my friends has got same model and same thing happens. It does only 10 km out station.

When ask others who use the same model, They also have the same experience. I think it is charactistic problem for the perticular modal.

In this class I beleive the best car is STARLET EP 91. It is good in fuel as well as pulling power. :)

You must be a proud owner of a K11 1000cc auto :)

Had one for 4 years and spent the same amount that i would have spent using a Bimmer or a Merc.. Sorry to say but i din't find a way out... people say the 1000 cc manual and the 1.3 l does much better on fuel

Edited by pathola 1

This is nothing new.. I have one, and had it for the past 5 years..! use it as a second vehicle only. My Mazda 1500cc does 9+ km/l in Colombo traffic.

welcome to the club.

Edited by Bugatti

I think it is charactistic problem for the perticular modal.

In this class I beleive the best car is STARLET EP 91. It is good in fuel as well as pulling power. :)

I agree with Jaga. March compared to other cars of the same caliber got a very average fuel consumption figures. So dimdim what the consumption in your machine? It is possible you are getting all worked out over nothing

How much km are you getting from 1ltr?? Anyway there is no reason to panic :) the K11 is well known for its low fuel economy.

How much km are you getting from 1ltr?? Anyway there is no reason to panic :) the K11 is well known for its low fuel economy.

Mine is year 2000, K11 with manual transmission. I use a Hurricane performance air intake system and NGK Iridium plugs with no tail end exhaust muffler.

It does 14kms per ltr with A/C in city running with 90 octane petrol.

GMI

Mine is year 2000, K11 with manual transmission. I use a Hurricane performance air intake system and NGK Iridium plugs with no tail end exhaust muffler.

GMI

Dear Bro,

From where you bought the HURICANE air intake system and what price please?

GMI

Is it a 1300cc...??

• 2 years later...

Mine is Year 2000, Auto 1000CC

Does 8km/ltr in city

Around 10-11km/ltr outstations

I knew the K11 was not good on fuel, yet bought it coz I favored it over non-Japanese models.

Starlet EP91 was in my list but to my budget the K11 fit in well with all the options it has with English number etc..

I personally liked the look of the March than the Starlet (don't start fuming at me)

My friends say the 1000CC Manual or the 1300CC Auto does well on Fuel. I didn't know when I was buying.

I did a tuneup as well. But fuel is a concern for me, yes.. But its in good shape and serves me well.

So will pray for the fuel prices to go down. Its normal that your K11 drinks fuel ;-)

How much it does on fuel? if you get any thing around 9 - 11 Kmpl in city riding with A/C nothing to worry about.

Have heard this complaint many times...

Guess Nissans need a little bit more pampering than Toyotas...

Dunno whether this would help in your case, but using a good engine oil with friction eliminator + using original air filter and cleaning the air filter regularly + engine tuneups from the agents will allow you to gain maximum mileage from your car. And go easy on throttle when you pickup :)

Edited by isam

• 1 month later...
How about the fuel economy of March Beatle? Are there any known issues in March Beatle?

Looking forward your comments on resell value as well.

my bro recently bought a March Beetle and it does around 10-11 in city limits with a/c & 12-13 out, it has a good pulling power too. i personally prefer the March Beetle upon Vitz.

the current market price is around 1.5mil but it might come down to 1.4mil or less due to the new tax structure.