• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brake Gone Crazy

hyndai

Guys, need help

In my car the handbreaks are not working, no matter how hard i pull the handsbreak leaver handbreaks dont work. And now it seems that hand break mechanism is locked permenantly..... yesterday i noticed that the car is not pulling..and heard some rough hum from tires also, then withing minutes breakes were not working, i have ABS. Whats going on? can you guys give some advices? now break pad goes all the way down but have very little breaking effect..but if i paddle it (push) several times then it comes to some level...please assist.

Hi,

Do you have disc or drum brakes at the back.

? If it is drums jack up the rear wheels and check which side is sticking- de adjust the cable to see if it releases the sticky side, You may have a siezed cable, get a garage to check it ASAP as it can be dangerous.

Maithri

Hi,

Do you have disc or drum brakes at the back.

? If it is drums jack up the rear wheels and check which side is sticking- de adjust the cable to see if it releases the sticky side, You may have a siezed cable, get a garage to check it ASAP as it can be dangerous.

Maithri

Take it to a good mechanic and get it checked...Most probably you have to replaced the hand brake cable & break shoes if they are worn out....

/bigDaddy

Its disk break....i found the wheel which get stuck, it had got very hot, probably due to friction. thanks.

I think your brakes are binding, take it to a competent mechanic asap ! Should not be too difficult to fix but might be dangerous left alone.