• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Autozam V6 1800cc

Lasitha R

Hi everyone! A friend of mine is going to buy a registered Mazda Autozam V6 1800cc . This is a 2 door sports car with 300- number plates on it. Since he's not going to use this car for racing or dragging etc.. He asked me whether this car can be used as an everyday sports car.( Mainly the availability of spare parts and repairs..) Appreciate if you experts can give out your opinion. Thanx!

Few pics of the car..

autozam0xi9.th.jpg

autozam2tn7.th.jpg

autozam1ze8.th.jpg

Hi everyone! A friend of mine is going to buy a registered Mazda Autozam V6 1800cc . This is a 2 door sports car with 300- number plates on it. Since he's not going to use this car for racing or dragging etc.. He asked me whether this car can be used as an everyday sports car.( Mainly the availability of spare parts and repairs..) Appreciate if you experts can give out your opinion. Thanx!

Few pics of the car..

Wow cool ride. Cant go wrong with a Maz. But the mufler :blink:

Edited by GuruG

Few pics of the car..

autozam0xi9.th.jpg

autozam2tn7.th.jpg

autozam1ze8.th.jpg

Spare parts might be a problem with any car which is not very common on the roads. I cannot recall any other Mazdas which sport the V6 engine so some parts for that might be hard to source and the same would go for body part. having said that it wont be impossible as parts can be brought from over seas suppliers, ebay or imported directly from japan or Singapore though this would be a costly exercise.

mmm better check with a mazda specilist..cos this car comes with 2-3 engines..i heard sm rumours on this v6 n parts for it..better chk n buy..farzan..any comments as u r in to mazda..also dimantha n dilan r can help...

Hi all,

Speaking as a fellow Mazda Autozam owner I can tell you its a great car.

But I have the 4 pot version which has the same engine as the interplay so parts and fuel are no issues at all. This is my 10th year of ownership.

The six cylinder engine holds the record if I remember as the smallest in the world at 1800 cc .

I suppose it all comes down to how much the asking price is? There is a huge MX 3 community in Aussie and Canada and you can check out Cardomain as well for some reviews - specially the 6 Cylinder version.

The fiber kit if a good one should not affect handling. Check the headlights as they yellow with age I have changed mine to angel eye projectors - complete units .

Other than that its a great car spacewise, 4 adults big boot etc

I too do not like the muffler on that car as per the pics but that's just my opinion :)

All the best and hope to welcome a new Mazda owner soon.

Cheers

I know a person who owns an Autozam with the interplay engine. The guy has purchase a set of addtional doors & boot so that there is no rush to search for parts when required.

Body parts should not be an issue, but they won't be freely available. need some effort & time to find.

Better check on the engine since this is supposed to be the smallest V6 engine & total production numbers are small.

Spare parts might be a problem with any car which is not very common on the roads. I cannot recall any other Mazdas which sport the V6 engine so some parts for that might be hard to source and the same would go for body part. having said that it wont be impossible as parts can be brought from over seas suppliers, ebay or imported directly from japan or Singapore though this would be a costly exercise.

MX5 (Miata) and also one Model of the 323 Astina had this engine.

:jumping-smiley-013: Once I got a chance to buy one. about 2 years back for 8.5lks. Well spares are scares according to the owner itself. And mind you this engine model with this car is the most underpowered car with this sort of 1.8CC VTEC DOHC V6 24V.Normally i we take the same spec car like Lotus the elise with 1.8CC develops more than 200Bhp as i heard. But this only develops 150bhp. even a mall 1.3GT can get 135Bhp:angry-smiley-048: I a good drinker too. 6-7kmpl in city. :angry-smiley-048:

Grade GT-A special package, produced from 1996 (april)

Add to comparsion list

GENERALhttp://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=4678&st=0&gopid=64817

Complete Edit

Body type Coupe

Drive FF

Transmission 4 speed automatic (EC-AT)

Displacement, cc 1844

Frame E-ECPSA-F27-A

Price of new car, thousands yen (Tokyo area) 2182 (~$18100)

SPECIFICATION (SPECS)

EXTERIOR

Exterior dimensions (LxWxH), mm 4215 x 1695 x 1310

Interior dimensions (LxWxH), mm 1680 x 1410 x 1075

Wheel base, mm 2455

Treads (F/R), mm 1460 / 1465

Ground clearance, mm 140

Curb vehicle weight, kg 1160

Gross vehicle weight, kg

Seating capacity, persons 4

Doors number 3

Min.turning radius, m 4.9

Fuel tank capacity, l 50

ENGINE

Displacement, cc 1844

Engine model K8-ZE

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 145 ps (106.65 kw) / 7000 rpm

Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 16.2 kg*m (158.87 N*m) / 5500 rpm

Power density 8

Engine type Water cooling V type 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve

Engine information

Fuel system EGI (electronic gasoline injection)

Turbocharger No

Fuel type Unleaded premium gasoline

LEV system (Low emission vehicle) No

Compression ratio 9.5

Bore, mm 75

Stroke, mm 69.6

Final gear ratio

Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km 10

Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km

CHASSIS / TRANSMISSION

Power steering Yes

Tires size, front 205/55r15 87v

Tires size rear 205/55r15 87v

Braking system, front Ventilated disk

Braking system, rear Disk

Suspension system, front McPherson strut type independent suspension

Suspension system, rear Strut type independent suspension

EQUIPMENT

EXTERIOR EQUIPMENT

Sunroof / Moonroof Single

Front fog lamp o

Rear fog lamp n

Xenon headlight (Discharge lamp) n

Projector headlight n

Rear wiper y

Front spoiler y

Rear or roof spoiler y

ABS (Antilock brake system) y

TCS (Traction control system) n

LSD (Limited slip differential) y

Privacy glass n

UV cutting glass n

Aluminium wheel 15 inch standard

INTERIOR EQUIPMENT

Air conditioner Full automatic

Wood panel n

Cruise control n

Centralized door lock y

Power window y

Steering wheel telescopic n

Steering wheel tilt y

Leather steering wheel n

Power front seat n

Power rear seat n

Leather seat n

Falling down type rear seat Just the type

Child seat fixed with seat belt n

Rear ELR3 point seat belt y

Front seat pretensioner seat belt n

Fourth limited front seat belt n

Side impact bar y

Airbag (Driver) y

Airbag (Passenger) n

Airbag (Side) n

Audio deck AM/FM radio equipped cassette player

CD-player n

Car navigation system n

Sport car enthusiast could supply more accurate info on this.

Edited by priya

:jumping-smiley-013: Once I got a chance to buy one. about 2 years back for 8.5lks. Well spares are scares according to the owner itself. And mind you this engine model with this car is the most underpowered car with this sort of 1.8CC VTEC DOHC V6 24V.

Where did you come up with that? Not another freaking Hondahead are you? MX-3 don't have VTEC, or any variable valve system. Its supposed to use a variable length intake manifold. The V6 engine was considered a good engine in its day. Also, its a freaking light 2 door coupe. And its supposed to handle marvelously.

Normally i we take the same spec car like Lotus the elise with 1.8CC develops more than 200Bhp as i heard. But this only develops 150bhp. even a mall 1.3GT can get 135Bhp:angry-smiley-048: I a good drinker too. 6-7kmpl in city. :angry-smiley-048:

Where do you get ur info from? According to Wiki, the most powerful version of the V6 (DOHC 24V) produces 130hp stock. No naturally aspirated version of the Elise produces 200hp. Even the standard 2008 model car gets 190. The 1.3l Starlet GT USES A TURBO!

Where did you come up with that? Not another freaking Hondahead are you? MX-3 don't have VTEC, or any variable valve system. Its supposed to use a variable length intake manifold. The V6 engine was considered a good engine in its day. Also, its a freaking light 2 door coupe. And its supposed to handle marvelously.

Where do you get ur info from? According to Wiki, the most powerful version of the V6 (DOHC 24V) produces 130hp stock. No naturally aspirated version of the Elise produces 200hp. Even the standard 2008 model car gets 190. The 1.3l Starlet GT USES A TURBO!

Hi, pericles I got it from Amayama specs.. I think its a japanese site.. heres the link

http://specs.amayama.com/mazda/autozam_az-3/

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-mazda-autoz...96-april/14069/

Thats what the site said.anyway...just check and advice

Hi all, Thank you very much for all your comments and ideas about the car. Really appreciate the enthusiastic help you guys gave in such a short time. So according to most of the comments , the car seems to suit my friends needs and spare parts will be an OK thing I guess.

As Preicles and Priya gave specs of the car, I too checked with wiki, but i don't think this'll have that performance (0-62mph-8.5 sec,etc) since it's been used for some time and thanx to the added weight & the muffler!! But i that won't be a concern since this is not going to be used in racing or dragging, just to enjoy the ride!!!

Once again thank you all for your comments. :) And as Pradfred said I too hope to introduce a new Mazda Owner to AL !! :rolleyes:

Hi, pericles I got it from Amayama specs.. I think its a japanese site.. heres the link

http://specs.amayama.com/mazda/autozam_az-3/

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-mazda-autoz...96-april/14069/

Thats what the site said.anyway...just check and advice

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 145 ps (106.65 kw) / 7000 rpm

Engine type Water cooling V type 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve

No VTEC and 143hp. Wiki says it like this.

It produced 130 hp (97 kW) in US trim (sometimes referred to as "K8-DE"), and 135 hp (101 kW) in Japanese trim (the "K8-ZE") on introduction in 1991 and 144 hp (108 kW) and 115 ft·lbf (157 Nm) at its best.

Mind, thats at the crank. So its pretty good for a 1996 car.

• 1 month later...

And as Pradfred said I too hope to introduce a new Mazda Owner to AL !! :rolleyes:

Hi Lasitha,

was driving to Bolgoda and saw the orange Autozam.

has your pal bought the car ? And if so get him to come for the event this Saturday. Or the owner. Must get as many cars as possible mate.

details are avalable from Mazdaspeed on 0777 334 273. :) ( he was brave enough to give his number !!)

Abt the Above car i know hell lot infomation, This Car belongs to Ranji @ wows, very nice car, Recently Nilantha Tune the car and put new B pads etc, very smooth car and confi too, the best thing is the sound when u rev the Engine, awesome. Body Kit, paint was done at Ranjis garage, All the Electric work and Engine Tune up done at Nilanthas garage, and this car is gud one fuel, the previous owners name is Chaminda

You can find spare parts but bit Expensive, i ask Ranji to advertise his AC3 on AL then we can discuss more, now the car is at a Sale, but if u can contact him can get it for bit less

Edited by GihanFX

• 3 weeks later...
Abt the Above car i know hell lot infomation, This Car belongs to Ranji @ wows, very nice car, Recently Nilantha Tune the car and put new B pads etc, very smooth car and confi too, the best thing is the sound when u rev the Engine, awesome. Body Kit, paint was done at Ranjis garage, All the Electric work and Engine Tune up done at Nilanthas garage, and this car is gud one fuel, the previous owners name is Chaminda

You can find spare parts but bit Expensive, i ask Ranji to advertise his AC3 on AL then we can discuss more, now the car is at a Sale, but if u can contact him can get it for bit less

What happened to this ?

Was it bought ?

Also get the new owner or current owner to register for the mazda club on the other thread :)

Cheers

What happened to this ?

Was it bought ?

Also get the new owner or current owner to register for the mazda club on the other thread :)

Cheers

Machan Ranji told hes not goin to sell the car, and Ranji is not a Internet guy machan but for Mazda Events i tell him to bring the car

Machan Ranji told hes not goin to sell the car, and Ranji is not a Internet guy machan but for Mazda Events i tell him to bring the car

Hi Gihan

thanks a lot mate.

yup do that. must get the cars to come.

its good to know he aint selling.

decided he likes the Mazda eh ?

I know , Ive had mine for more than a decade now......he he

Marriage , not a quickie....