• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brake System Noses

niro123

Dear All,

please help me out,

Some time ago i had to change the brake pads of my Starlet EP82, the normal proceudre is that the disc's would need to be phased to brush of the deposited brake residue. This idiot at the lathe shop over phased both discs and it had 2 deep cuts on both edges of the disc

since then my brakes have been less responsive,, then my mechanc asked me to rephase the disc to that it woul be levelled with the deep unlevelled edges,, now the disc is ery much thinner than it came,,

this was doen like 7-8 months ago ansd i have to keep on replacing the brake pads evry 2 months or so.. what would be best soltion for this as the brakes are giving out a very iritating noise when it is applied.

thank you

Niroshan

errr... first of all make sure the disc is not too thin or it might fail at higher pressure levels...

Normally there is a minimum thickness level a disc should have to be safe...if you can find a manual the specs are given there...

and as for the noise... i doubt it due to thinning of the rotor... gotta be something else... maybe the pads are not set properly or something is loose...

I would get it checked from another mechanic fella just to make sure that everything is where and how it need to be :)

good luck