• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trade Unionist Wants Motor Sports Banned

Pericles

I want the raise the question if this move includes bus racing while belching large black clouds of smoke on subsidized diesel, which IS a burden to the tax-paying public. (unlike most race cars, which I believe run on non-subsidized petrol, bar, of course, the T&J class.)

Would encourage a few letters to the editor. Am trying to come up with something myself.

I laughed as hard as the next man when I saw this earlier today, but after today's tragic incident involving Dilshan Bandaranayake and Ajith Hemachandra, I won't be surprised if there is a knee-jerk reaction by the powers that be.

This is insane....Doesn't President's son involve in racing. I heard some time ago but don't know further.

:D Your right.

I laughed as hard as the next man when I saw this earlier today, but after today's tragic incident involving Dilshan Bandaranayake and Ajith Hemachandra, I won't be surprised if there is a knee-jerk reaction by the powers that be.

Your right too.

Note, no figures, just speculation, running into "millions of ruppees". No responsibility on part of the paper printing this garbage.

Note, no figures, just speculation, running into "millions of ruppees". No responsibility on part of the paper printing this garbage.

IMO this is just a way to get some publicity to this trade unionist guy!

Just my 2 cents! :)

"Millions of rupees worth of petrol, diesel and lubricating oil are wasted on motor racing events within a few hours, he complained"

to count as millionS you have to assume at least 2 Mil Rs; and if fuel is 200Rs/liter on average (pardon my ignorance)...then they must consume 10000 liters of fuel in a "few hours". In other words 125 cars with 80 liter tanks will have to empty their tanks in that short time period. I was never good in math but something is not adding up here... then again I never took the politico-math :)

i wish this article wd hav cm in APRIL 1ST ... papers, 127 ministers..how many back up vehicles..5 or 6(sm 1 tell me)... mmm n how many ltrs of fuel per day 80k 1lk...now y cant they think of the waiste of fuel on day to day by them..than thinking of stoping a race event which comes 3 mnths or 6 mnths time..mmmmm....

man what a retard...

this bugger would want a ban on AC cars next saying that also burns more fuel and ask us to drive with the windows open :angry-smiley-048:

the government and their institutions have enough and more corruption that drains the economy and ends up taxing the common man... like someone else said, this retard needs his 15seconds under the spotlight :action-smiley-060: And i'm sure the president wont make an utter idiot of himself and try to ban motor sports :lol:

i dont think this guy understands that most race cars use over priced petrol (due to subsidized diesel) which implies that the consumer has paid for his share of fuel plus contributed to the economy by paying for part of the diesel susidy.

if i'm not mistaken, the more petrol sold at profit gives more cash for the goverment to subsidize diesel. which implies the more petrol we use, the far better chance it is to sustain current diesel price meaning the common man doesnt have to go through any transport related price hikes due to the loss the petrol corp makes. (pls correct me if i'm wrong)

Also how in the world motor racing events consume public funds is beyond me. The events are nearly completely funded by sponsors, teams and the participants themselves.

And also compared to the annual consumption of fuel in our country the amount consumed during motorsport events is like a drop of water in the ocean.

This is just ignorant idiots with political motivations trying to pursue agendas with ulterior motives !

i dont think this guy understands that most race cars use over priced petrol (due to subsidized diesel) which implies that the consumer has paid for his share of fuel plus contributed to the economy by paying for part of the diesel susidy.

if i'm not mistaken, the more petrol sold at profit gives more cash for the goverment to subsidize diesel. which implies the more petrol we use, the far better chance it is to sustain current diesel price meaning the common man doesnt have to go through any transport related price hikes due to the loss the petrol corp makes. (pls correct me if i'm wrong)

As far as i can remember govt get Rs. 5/= profit from every Liter of Petrol

Guys a little introduction about this trade unionist,Jayaratne Maliyagoda,he is another turncoat obtaining foreign funds to unstable, detested Sri Lanka and Armed forces.

Once Maliyagoda and group of analogous buggers held a protest campaign against ongoing military campaigns in Kandy, got a nice vegetable (mainly tomatoes) and rotten egg treatment from Kandy market vendors and general public.

See link

Tomatoes Greet NGO activists

He is an outrageous, unwise critic!

MINIACE

i prefer the word "retard" :angry-smiley-048:

Further he is the bu88er wanted all ex-terrorist rehabilitation camps to be removed from south after Bindunuwewa incident in 2000.He held a mass protest over it including removal of Army establishments from central hills areas.

Im with personal tracks on this traitor!

Anyone wants greet and comment him personally? :)

MINIACE

Hik hik.. Even a loaded container ship cannot burn millions of fuel in few hours.

Anyway these guys should ask president to repair our public roads network and findout some solutions to minimize traffic jam. Then it will save millions of fuel cost but not in few hours :lol:

See how many liters of fuel wasted in traffic jams in Colombo. Surprised why they cannot understand that :unsure:

Hik hik.. Even a loaded container ship cannot burn millions of fuel in few hours.

Anyway these guys should ask president to repair our public roads network and findout some solutions to minimize traffic jam. Then it will save millions of fuel cost but not in few hours :lol:

See how many liters of fuel wasted in traffic jams in Colombo. Surprised why they cannot understand that :unsure:

well didn't one genius at RDA said that it's good we have crappy roads cos otherwise people drive faster and pose a huge risk to all road users :angry-smiley-048: