• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dilshan Bandaranayake The Famous Mini Driver

shihanc

Dilshan Bandaranayake the famous Mini driver who was competing at yesterdays Road Race Meet in Nuwarara Eliya passed off when his car collided with Ajith Hemachandra's car Dilshan was rushed to the Nuwara Eliya Hospital Soon after the accident.

It was also revealed that the injuries on his head could have caused the death.

The doctors also informed that until the post mortem is conducted they are unable to confirm cause of the death of him who was in his late thirties Dilshan Bandaranayaka who was in front in the third lap was chased by Ajit Hemachandra in second position.

Two of them were almost nearing the completion of the third lap when Ajith tried to go past Dilshan crashed from right on to Dilshan's car with both cars going out of the track. Both cars were a complete wreck.

Dilshan has been in the field of motor racing for a long period and was a very popular figure in the racing circle and also among the racing fans from all parts of the country.

Soon after the incident the organizers of the event had to call off balance races for the day that was scheduled.

Meanwhile the hospital authorities also disclosed that Ajit Hemachandra who too suffered severe injuries was rushed to Colombo for intensive treatment.

- Daily News -

Dear fellow member shihanc

Its evident that you have simply quoted a news paper article which is completely wrong and misleading.

Its really unintelligent to quote something and post in a very straight forum and offense unfortunates who caught up in the ill fated circumstances.

To plainly correct,Dilshan was never leading and Ajith never knocked him from back.It was Ajith leading.

Further they never called off the race after the incident and went on and completed the next bike event before drivers and riders protested and demanded a call off .

Shihanc, please don’t try to absent yourself after insulting late Dilshan and seriously injured Ajith stating its only a extract perceived. If you don’t know fact don’t post or face the repercussions of being a moronic critic.You are responsible for what you post here.

Please don’t waste your time and my time replying!

MINIACE

i didnt want to add anything until this came up..for yo infromation shihanc .. n the daily news.guys..pls get this.. on timing day(sat)..dilshan got the pole n ajith on 2nd ..on race day ajith took the lead from the first corner 300m from start .n was leading n controling the race until this hapeen..on 3rd lap..also i guess the news papres should chck their news b4 publishing..both drivers are known to me n miniace n lot of autolanka members as good mates so pls dnt make any insults to them by putting incorrect info

sad news to hear and deepest condolances to the family members of the late Dilshan Bandaranayake

i think racing is good(hell yah) and theres always the risk of an accident cos ur pushing ur mind body and the car to the limit and eaither one of this slips out of ur hand of control an accident is enevitable

and news papers when they said the truth :angry-smiley-048:

Dear fellow member shihanc

Its evident that you have simply quoted a news paper article which is completely wrong and misleading.

Its really unintelligent to quote something and post in a very straight forum and offense unfortunates who caught up in the ill fated circumstances.

To plainly correct,Dilshan was never leading and Ajith never knocked him from back.It was Ajith leading.

Further they never called off the race after the incident and went on and completed the next bike event before drivers and riders protested and demanded a call off .

Shihanc, please don’t try to absent yourself after insulting late Dilshan and seriously injured Ajith stating its only a extract perceived. If you don’t know fact don’t post or face the repercussions of being a moronic critic.You are responsible for what you post here.

Please don’t waste your time and my time replying!

MINIACE

Hi Mini,

I can understand the emotions involved for you in this matter,

But when the biggest daily news paper in the country has got their story wrong I do not think its correct to slam Shihanc when he specifically cites his source and its actually an exact copy and paste.

People are and should be responsible for what they post, but when one makes it quite clear that it is not their own comments they are posting, and when the source is what a normal layperson might consider "creditable" I think we can excuse the fact that the information is in fact wrong ...

what do you think ?

Hi guys...

First of all I would like to say a big SORRY for you guys...Im not there at the incident as well as I could find out that video what has had happened there. Normally I’m an Autolanka fan checking its updates every day. I try to find out any thing regarding this accident from you guys. But no body post a single thing, at least to say how much there miss their friend. What I could find while I’m searching the net is this Daily News article...And I put it in the autolanka forum and just want our guys to inform about this incident...

Thats it all about.

Sorry again

Shihanc

Hi guys...

First of all I would like to say a big SORRY for you guys...Im not there at the incident as well as I could find out that video what has had happened there. Normally I’m an Autolanka fan checking its updates every day. I try to find out any thing regarding this accident from you guys. But no body post a single thing, at least to say how much there miss their friend. What I could find while I’m searching the net is this Daily News article...And I put it in the autolanka forum and just want our guys to inform about this incident...

Thats it all about.

Sorry again

Shihanc

Actually, you'll find that GMI started this thread 4 hours before you. However, I'll assume you check the updated threads list on the main page, which will cause you to miss this, as the heading would be too long.