• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mis-ignition Noice

Rastima

Hi Folks

Mis-ignition noice comes when i drive slow on a "Hump" (speed bumps) on 1st or 2nd geer (Accelerating after the 'hump'). Most of the time it come on 2nd geer. Is this is a normal behavior or should i need to adjust my RPM or replace/repair ignition coils?

Its, FB 15 (mannual 2001 exsaloon)

:unsure:

Hi Folks

Mis-ignition noice comes when i drive slow on a "Hump" (speed bumps) on 1st or 2nd geer (Accelerating after the 'hump'). Most of the time it come on 2nd geer. Is this is a normal behavior or should i need to adjust my RPM or replace/repair ignition coils?

I'd first check spark plugs... if you're idling around 750+ without AC and 1000+ with AC without a hitch it's unlikely your ignitions coils are bust...

when you say mis-ignition noise...i'm assuming that this is a drop in RPM and a stall jerkiness you feel... a dirty throttle body also can be the culprit...

and also see if this happens with AC off... If it doesn't happen without AC it can be either your idle setting needing some adjustment or your ac regulator needing some looking into

Hi Folks

what u mean by ignition noice??? you mean knocking noice? or engine mis?

Machan, its knocking noice! not an engine mis...

There is a possibility that your car engine tuning is a bit off (what mechanics refer to as a retarded state which is sometimes done to save fuel)

Have a mechanic familiar with EFI systems have a look at your car

And as Ripper has already pointed out it could also be a carbonised throttle body, bad spark plugs etc or could be a sensor like the MAF sensor

It should not be too difficult to sort out

• 2 weeks later...
There is a possibility that your car engine tuning is a bit off (what mechanics refer to as a retarded state which is sometimes done to save fuel)

And as Ripper has already pointed out it could also be a carbonised throttle body, bad spark plugs etc or could be a sensor like the MAF sensor

Falks, thanks for all your advices.

Finally i took it to my mechanics (expericed guy call "Ravi" at Kelaniya) and he a did tune-up for me. As Don said, i think i had a bit off tununed in my car. anyway, i have no more mis-Ignitions anymore.

Falks, thanks for all your advices.

Finally i took it to my mechanic (a guy call "Ravi" at Kelaniya) and he did a tune-up for me. As Don said, i think i had a bit off tununed in my car. anyway, i have no more mis-Ignitions anymore.

Edited by lakpriya