• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Affordable Paint Job

Saturn

Question

Hi Guys

Anyone have tips on where I can get an affordable paint job (with a small bit of body work)

car looking rather shabby after a few years in SL, usual nicks, dents, scrapes, etc

Basically would love to have someone who can come home, alternately some nice trustable garage where I can keep the vehicle and trust them to paint it.

I asked PALA a while back they suggested 40K (this was pre budget/dollar/rice crisis) seemed a bit steep then for a mild paint job

Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated and thanks in advance

edit: found a few threads on painting..

anyone know current pricing and a somewhat affordable place? hopefully under 40k? my vehicle would probably need a small bit of bodywork for minor dents and dings here and there also...

Edited by Saturn

4 answers to this question

Mostly, want to know if anyone has a rough idea on pricing for paint job at some of the major places..?

prices completely depend on the quality of the people/equipment and materials used by the painter. I've heard of places that can give you a full paint job for similar figures as you've stated...

color change and or with tinkering will take it further up...

But quality of the final outcome is a big question mark...

no matter how new or old a car is...painting in my opinion is something you shouldn't cut corners with...

for example the result you get out from a painting joint with a booth will be far superior to what you would get from an open-air place. If the painting booth has heaters to cook the paint etc then that's far better... If you use good quality fillers and epoxy primers etc etc and a good paint like Sikkens.. better quality bigger cost...

I'm getting my car fixed up at KP after a small accident... repainting of front bumper and engine hood is 7k and 8k respectively minus any tinkering since both are being replaced. seems a bit pricey to me but supposedly they do a bloody good job... still didn't get the car so no first hand comments just yet on the quality :)

prices completely depend on the quality of the people/equipment and materials used by the painter. I've heard of places that can give you a full paint job for similar figures as you've stated...

color change and or with tinkering will take it further up...

But quality of the final outcome is a big question mark...

no matter how new or old a car is...painting in my opinion is something you shouldn't cut corners with...

for example the result you get out from a painting joint with a booth will be far superior to what you would get from an open-air place. If the painting booth has heaters to cook the paint etc then that's far better... If you use good quality fillers and epoxy primers etc etc and a good paint like Sikkens.. better quality bigger cost...

I'm getting my car fixed up at KP after a small accident... repainting of front bumper and engine hood is 7k and 8k respectively minus any tinkering since both are being replaced. seems a bit pricey to me but supposedly they do a bloody good job... still didn't get the car so no first hand comments just yet on the quality :)

Ripper, machan can u giv eme your phone? need to contact u and get some advices.

Thanks for your reply. If you dont mind me asking (and its ok by forum rules) can you name me some actual places and give a rough idea of locations (as Im not too familiar with addresses here)

I'm looking to sell the car.. doesn't need major work just a little filling here and there and a simple paint job,, would appreciate any advice