• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cabling Side Mirrors,lights,wheel Cups Etc?

DCL

Question

Hi Guys,

Sorry If I start a old thread again but I couldn't find anything in search option related to above mention topic. I was thinking to cable my Side mirrors, really apprciate if some one can tell me a place where I can get this done :rolleyes:

Thanks,

DCL

Edited by DCL

19 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

Sorry If I start a old thread again but I couldn't find anything in search option related to above mention topic. I was thinking to cable my Side mirrors, really apprciate if some one can tell me a place where I can get this done :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Dinindu

well you can get it done in darley road... i was told that it should be about 50bucks per cable job... don't let them over-charge you :)

but the down side is that a small pair of wire cutters can make short work of that cable thing... though the cables will give you some form of protection it's not fool proof...

just for the record...i've done the cable thing :) whatever protection i can get is better than nothing at all :)

well you can get it done in darley road... i was told that it should be about 50bucks per cable job... don't let them over-charge you :)

but the down side is that a small pair of wire cutters can make short work of that cable thing... though the cables will give you some form of protection it's not fool proof...

just for the record...i've done the cable thing :) whatever protection i can get is better than nothing at all :)

thx for the info machn, but my elder brother told me not to go to the darley road, coz last time when he took his car there for a joblike this they have ripped him off :jumping-smiley-013: actualy they have chrged him 20k for cabling lights & Side mirrors. :action-smiley-060:

Bro is there any other place where I can get this done? :unsure:

Also guys forgive me for the Bad spellings in topic "Steel should be Steal"

DCL

thx for the info machn, but my elder brother told me not to go to the darley road, coz last time when he took his car there for a joblike this they have ripped him off :jumping-smiley-013: actualy they have chrged him 20k for cabling lights & Side mirrors. :action-smiley-060:

Bro is there any other place where I can get this done? :unsure:

Also guys forgive me for the Bad spellings in topic "Steel should be Steal"

DCL

well i've also got ripped of once there :) learnt my lesson though...i've paid to the tune of 12k or something to get my power shutters done... but during my stay there i did manage to mix around and understand how the "mafia" worked there...

cabling jobs are 50 bucks per cable... Just go to one of those joints and say what exactly you want and how much exactly you're gonna pay for them...if they ask for more money tell them to piss off cos there are enough and more places there to get something like this done...

there's one decent bugger there just passing SJC towards SLECC side near the bridge... sampath motors... he's quite reasonable.

but always ALWAYS settle on the full job price before getting into the job and be stern with them :)

well i've also got ripped of once there :) learnt my lesson though...i've paid to the tune of 12k or something to get my power shutters done... but during my stay there i did manage to mix around and understand how the "mafia" worked there...

cabling jobs are 50 bucks per cable... Just go to one of those joints and say what exactly you want and how much exactly you're gonna pay for them...if they ask for more money tell them to piss off cos there are enough and more places there to get something like this done...

there's one decent bugger there just passing SJC towards SLECC side near the bridge... sampath motors... he's quite reasonable.

but always ALWAYS settle on the full job price before getting into the job and be stern with them :)

I'll try it there bro, thx :rolleyes:

go to darley road and go to hamad motors or hamad house..its the first building ontop of that narrow street on darley road(when you go there you'llknow what i mean)

these guys only charge 20 bucks a cable which is the real charge. don't talk to the guys on the street, they take you for a good ride. just park the car somewhere and go to this hamad place. and definitely don't pay more than 50 per cable. 20 is the rate.

.....just park the car somewhere and go to this hamad place. and definitely don't pay more than 50 per cable. 20 is the rate.

Care full when you park the car in Darley road, my uncle parked the car and went to a shop to buy an indicator light...when he returns to the car he lost the other light too... :(

ok, i'm gonna sound really stupid, but what does 'cabling' mean?

well cabling is the process of securing your hub caps aka wheel covers, indicator lights, headlights, mirrors etc to a more secure part of the body by a length of wire cable.

for example a wheel cover will be drilled in, cabled through and crimped from one end...the other end attaches to one of your lug nuts...

if a kudda wants to take ya cup away... he'll either have to cut through the cable, remove the lug nut or steal the cup by causing damage to the cup itself...

lotsa fellas apparently don't bother and move onto to another car...

the smart ones now carry wire cutters :action-smiley-060:

well cabling is the process of securing your hub caps aka wheel covers, indicator lights, headlights, mirrors etc to a more secure part of the body by a length of wire cable.

for example a wheel cover will be drilled in, cabled through and crimped from one end...the other end attaches to one of your lug nuts...

if a kudda wants to take ya cup away... he'll either have to cut through the cable, remove the lug nut or steal the cup by causing damage to the cup itself...

lotsa fellas apparently don't bother and move onto to another car...

the smart ones now carry wire cutters :action-smiley-060:

Machang, i have a question regarding cabling wheel cups. Won't this effect removal of tires when removing tyre during servicing the car or replacing?

Machang, i have a question regarding cabling wheel cups. Won't this effect removal of tires when removing tyre during servicing the car or replacing?

not at all.... the cable is held through a large flat washer with one of your lug nuts... remove the lug nut...remove the washer and you can do whatever you want with the cup or the wheel...

not at all.... the cable is held through a large flat washer with one of your lug nuts... remove the lug nut...remove the washer and you can do whatever you want with the cup or the wheel...

Oh ok... Now i get it... Thx bro

ohh thanks!!!! I get the concept for the hub-caps, but how can u do it foe the lights? arent lights/mirrors fitted onto the car with screws?

well some lights are clipped in..and in SL. fellows steal the the actual mirror piece and not the whole mirror unit most of the time... this piece is also just clipped on...

for lights they will either drill a small hole in the light body to take a cable or epoxy the thing in...

same for mirrors but it's mostly epoxied or cateloyed in

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

DCL

Guys I need help!!! can anyone point me to a set of 215/45/17 used tyres? I desperately need a set as the old set just went to pieces and don't have the moolah at the moment to part with 45K for a set of new ones.

Thanks a mill!!!

Guys I need help!!! can anyone point me to a set of 215/45/17 used tyres? I desperately need a set as the old set just went to pieces and don't have the moolah at the moment to part with 45K for a set of new ones.

Thanks a mill!!!

sorry to hear that mate. you might need to checkout a few tire joints to find a pair me thinks.

dunno of a specific place who will have them on stock though

Thanks a mill!!!

i think pilla said that he had a set of 17" he wanted to get rid of. not sure though.