• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Primera P11 Fuel Consumption

Jayathu

Hai all,

I am new to this forum.. Hope you guys would help me with my query. :rolleyes:

I am going to buy my first car and I have Rs. 1.3 million at my disposal.. I am interested in buying a FB14 or a Primera. What could you say about the fuel consumption of both these vehicles.

I am planning to travel about 60km (up and down together) daily for work, so the fuel consumption is critical. Hope you guys would be able to give some advice on the pros and cons of these two cars.

Thanks.

Hai all,

I am new to this forum.. Hope you guys would help me with my query. :rolleyes:

I am going to buy my first car and I have Rs. 1.3 million at my disposal.. I am interested in buying a FB14 or a Primera. What could you say about the fuel consumption of both these vehicles.

I am planning to travel about 60km (up and down together) daily for work, so the fuel consumption is critical. Hope you guys would be able to give some advice on the pros and cons of these two cars.

Thanks.

well both are good cars with nor major issues with em... I think running costs of a P11 would be more than that of a FB14... fuel figures will also will be more for the P11... you get the 1.8ltr and the 2 ltr versions and they will give you 6-8kmpl in colombo and 10+ outstation... maybe upto 12 even depending on transmission and driving style...

If fuel is the main concern FB14 will be he better bet... P11 is a much much better driving machine with way better performance...

you gotta make the call there i'm afraid :)

well both are good cars with nor major issues with em... I think running costs of a P11 would be more than that of a FB14... fuel figures will also will be more for the P11... you get the 1.8ltr and the 2 ltr versions and they will give you 6-8kmpl in colombo and 10+ outstation... maybe upto 12 even depending on transmission and driving style...

If fuel is the main concern FB14 will be he better bet... P11 is a much much better driving machine with way better performance...

you gotta make the call there i'm afraid :)

Thanks very much Ripper....

Hi, I'm having a FB14 and I am a moderate user of the vehicle where I use it to drive to work and do my weekend shopping etc with seldom drives to Kandy or so and on average run about 1000Km per month. I used to pump about 90Lts - 100Lts of 90 Octane for this purpose making my FB14 a very economical vehicle for a family. I always have my AC on since I believe this will give a comfortable ride and maintain the interior. The 1500cc engine with 5 forwards manual gear gives me a full control of this vehicle and is having a good pulling power and is smooth in traffic blocks.

Unfortunately I have to sell my car due to personal reasons, seen on Autolanka http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=5983

After all I have no regrets with this car. It was a good buy

Hi, I'm having a FB14 and I am a moderate user of the vehicle where I use it to drive to work and do my weekend shopping etc with seldom drives to Kandy or so and on average run about 1000Km per month. I used to pump about 90Lts - 100Lts of 90 Octane for this purpose making my FB14 a very economical vehicle for a family. I always have my AC on since I believe this will give a comfortable ride and maintain the interior. The 1500cc engine with 5 forwards manual gear gives me a full control of this vehicle and is having a good pulling power and is smooth in traffic blocks.

Unfortunately I have to sell my car due to personal reasons, seen on Autolanka http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=5983

After all I have no regrets with this car. It was a good buy

no offense mate but driving to work and, weekend shopping and once in a while longer trips doesn't sound like "moderate" use to me :)

IMHO moderate use is that if one keeps a ride for weekend ride and other important stuff... most of the time this would be the second car...

and 1.5ltr motor and 5 forward gears is the most common config for these sedans...

and also unless your AC is busted you gotta have a screw loose somewhere not to have ya AC on in our country :P

Once again...noting personal :) just thought of setting the record straight :)

I have used a Primera P11 before and it did about 15 km/l in outstations. If you drive it 80~100 km/hr more or less constantly you can get maximum fuel efficiency.

In fact there are there versions, 1.8 l, 1.83 l, and 2.0 l. 1.83 and 2.0 l are registered as semi luxury and had to pay the yearly tax during that time. But by now the tax period might have been expired for these vehicles.

You cannot compare P11 with FB14

I agree with 'whatever' two cars targeted at two different segments- not an ideal comparison just cause prices are close. By the way- theres no guarantee that the b14 would do better on fuel either- I know enough of owners who get only 7 km/lt. The Primera is any day a better 'all round' car

I agree with 'whatever' two cars targeted at two different segments- not an ideal comparison just cause prices are close. By the way- theres no guarantee that the b14 would do better on fuel either- I know enough of owners who get only 7 km/lt. The Primera is any day a better 'all round' car

well fuel efficacy is a funny thing aint it... same car driven buy two fellas will give two figures... No argument that P11 is a better "all round" car but 1.5l vs 1.8l from the same mother brand one would expect the 1.5l to have better overall fuel figures...