• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Headlamp Cleaning

seeker

Question

Guys,

I need to clean my plastic headlamps at home.. it's not badly yellowed, but darkened enough for me to attempt this DIY..

I couldn't find a detailed description in AL of anybody who has successfully done the job... web gives advice for cars in US..

Appreciate advice from someone who's not busted the job... :)

Been there. They do a good job on buffing but dont apply any sealer or protective meterial. So eventualy it turns back yellow after a moth or so. And instead of mercury coating the reflector they paste a silver sticker. They charge arround Rs.750 per lamp for full resoration (inside out).

I've found the toothpaste solution handy in most of the time. Or u can use Vi*m (green bar) as well.

Any1 know a place to buy transparent stickers to paste on top of the lights after cleaning them. No not the rockblockers. For that price I can find a good used lamp.

Pls let me know the directions to this place......? any landmark ???