• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clutch/gear Problem

lasa

Guys,

I have a toyota DX dessel manual wagon(64-) and i'm having a problem with it during last 3 days. I had replaced my clutch/pressure plates last week thusday from a mechanic wel know to me and i got my vehicle sae day evening. Car was working fine on that day and next day morning, but on friday evening suddenly i couldn't change gears by padling clutch and clutch got loose. When i call my mechanice he asked me to push clutch several times and then change gears and then it worked(but only for few distance and i had to redo this process till i got to mechanics place). There he tightned cap like thing in upper pump(which clutch oil tank situated) and then release air from clutch several times and then clutch was ok again. But clutch got fail again on next day afternnon. So again i went to mechanic and then he found there are some oil in cap like like thing and he covered cap head with superglue and another glue to stop any leak from there. Then again afer few air releases clutch was working fine. But again next day(yday) same prob came and this time it was worse. Even by paddling few times fear didn't get relase. so mechanic had to come and relase air from clutch and then gear start working again. So again i went to mechanics place and checked the engine and there was no oil leak from anywhere. So finally my mecahnic valded the cap from inside so no leak can happen(even though no leak had happened on it). Again after few air releases clutch and gear is ok. From yesterday night to tomday morning its ok. But still im not sure what will happen on afternoon(since prob always come on afternoon not morning). Also forgot to mention when my mechanic fixing clutch plates he had replaced the 2 ruber washers in top tank also. Does any of you guys had this prob? Any info on this?

thx

usually this is to due with ur upper and lower cluth washers.. if they leak this happnes.. but after sometime the cylynders it self in these pumps becomes faulty and no amount of replacing cluths washers will work. because the washers will go again in a month..

usually this is to due with ur upper and lower cluth washers.. if they leak this happnes.. but after sometime the cylynders it self in these pumps becomes faulty and no amount of replacing cluths washers will work. because the washers will go again in a month..

Anyway to identlify this? So if this is the problem i have to replace whole thing? :mellow:

Anyway to identlify this? So if this is the problem i have to replace whole thing? :mellow:

Guys,

I had the problem again today and fortunatly i could reach a garage before worse. When the mechanic at the garage relase the air all came to normal again. Does this mean i have to replace upper and lower cluth washers(which i did last week) or the cylynders or whole pump? Can there be a problem with the washers i replaced?

Guys,

I had the problem again today and fortunatly i could reach a garage before worse. When the mechanic at the garage relase the air all came to normal again. Does this mean i have to replace upper and lower cluth washers(which i did last week) or the cylynders or whole pump? Can there be a problem with the washers i replaced?

if ur cluth cylinders are not baddly cut in.. ur washers had to last more than that.. check the cylynders first.. then the pump.. i think its the cylinders..