• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brake Fluid

maliths

Question

Just had a question. Do many people in SL change their brake fluid every 2 years I mean bleed the whole system and put new oil. Leaving in old oil could really lead to a lot of problems if the boiling temperature of the brake fluid was reduced and could cause damage to washers and all that.

In the UK its recommended that brake fluid is changed every 2 years and it is also tested when a service is carried out but in SL I dont think I have ever heard of people changing brake fluid when it gets old. I wonder if this is a reason why people experience brake washer faliures so often sometimes.

2 answers to this question

Just had a question. Do many people in SL change their brake fluid every 2 years I mean bleed the whole system and put new oil. Leaving in old oil could really lead to a lot of problems if the boiling temperature of the brake fluid was reduced and could cause damage to washers and all that.

In the UK its recommended that brake fluid is changed every 2 years and it is also tested when a service is carried out but in SL I dont think I have ever heard of people changing brake fluid when it gets old. I wonder if this is a reason why people experience brake washer faliures so often sometimes.

i try to change most fluids both in the car and the bike once a year... Did my brake fluid change few months back :)

on the bike...everything that needs greasing gets greased also once a year... :) better safe than sorry

i try to change most fluids both in the car and the bike once a year... Did my brake fluid change few months back :)

on the bike...everything that needs greasing gets greased also once a year... :) better safe than sorry

Dear Bro,

You can check the water content (Humid) in the brake fluid at L**F service centre at battaramulla koswatta at free of charge. Then they will advise you .