• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Fuel Pump Calibration

Malinda_um

Question

Hello all,

I've been a member of AL for a while but never posted anything.

Could anyone recommend me a place I can goto to get a diesel fuel injection pump (mechanical type) serviced and calibrated? This is for a Toyota Landcruiser. I gave it to the agent twice and they just keep messing it up more & more.

Any reputed place anyone can recommend?

Thanks in advance

Malinda.

7 answers to this question

Hello all,

I've been a member of AL for a while but never posted anything.

Could anyone recommend me a place I can goto to get a diesel fuel injection pump (mechanical type) serviced and calibrated? This is for a Toyota Landcruiser. I gave it to the agent twice and they just keep messing it up more & more.

Any reputed place anyone can recommend?

Thanks in advance

Malinda.

Hi

I think D*MO can service diesel pumps and I think they are pretty good.

hey Malinda,owning a desiel vehicle for 10 years and servicing pumps couple of times, my advice is to go for a japaneise reco one. Cos when they repair it, it will work perfetcly for couple of weeks or months, but after that problems will start cos of the rubber parts they used here in SL are not good quality. The main problem I had was an unstable idling speed + some minor problems and when I repaired it, idling problem was ok but only for 3 weeks. this happened to me 3 times. But if you have an extra buk in your hand, go for the agents

Wouldn't a new pump cost hell of a lot? like 100,000++ ??

Anyways still didn't have time to try out Klevenberg. I was hoping that there would be places that take the pump and injectors and bench test them for correct pressure / calibration. Ohh well.. lets see what happens.. :)

Wouldn't a new pump cost hell of a lot? like 100,000++ ??

Anyways still didn't have time to try out Klevenberg. I was hoping that there would be places that take the pump and injectors and bench test them for correct pressure / calibration. Ohh well.. lets see what happens.. :)

replacing the pump for no good reason is uncalled for!

Klevenberg and D*MO should be able to do just what you require - Klevenbergs work i found to be rather satisfactory especially considering the pump they had to work with was rather chronic..

replacing the pump for no good reason is uncalled for!

Klevenberg and D*MO should be able to do just what you require - Klevenbergs work i found to be rather satisfactory especially considering the pump they had to work with was rather chronic..

Replacing a diesel pump everytime you need to calibrate it is way over the top. Even if you put a used one who knows what condition that is in since it has been used. Best option is to go to a good place as Devinda said.