• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advise On A Nissan Lago

thanu_dk

HI Friends?

If any one has been using a Nissan Lago? If so or if any Experts, pls advise me on a Nissan Lago. Planing to buy an Nissan Lago 1987 model. & all says its not good? id like to know why? some says there an spring ( dunu ) in front of the van and its fixed across. and they say it can be broken very easyly for weight and if ir happened cant even turn the stering weel. So im worried about thise stories and dont want to spend money and fall in trouble. Pls advise me about this van.

Thank you. : :action-smiley-060:

HI Friends?

If any one has been using a Nissan Lago? If so or if any Experts, pls advise me on a Nissan Lago. Planing to buy an Nissan Lago 1987 model. & all says its not good? id like to know why? some says there an spring ( dunu ) in front of the van and its fixed across. and they say it can be broken very easyly for weight and if ir happened cant even turn the stering weel. So im worried about thise stories and dont want to spend money and fall in trouble. Pls advise me about this van.

I think the main problem people have with the Largo is the power to weight ratio. It has the same engine as the lighter vanette but has a bigger (in certain ways nicer looking) body. Now the vanette engine if I remember is either a 1.7D or a 1.8D which is not a lot but powers the vanette quite well but when it comes to the Serena and the Largo it starts to struggle a bit and you really have to push it to get some acceleration and speed and thus the low market demand for those two vehicles.

There is a turbo charged version of this engine (well I've only seen the Serena but I suppose the same might be true with the Largo) which apparently is quite nippy

HI Friends?

We've used a VX deisel many years ago. I only knew to start the engine of it at that time :)

During the time we used it diesel was about 12-13 rupees so no one cared to check how much km we get on a litre...

The only prob we had with it was an engine over heating problem especially while climbing uphill. We had to stop for while & let it cool down in the Ginigathena & Radella climbs. The reason may be what Don commented on a under powered engine.