• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Beemer /vw Golf , Or Civic

guys one of my good frnd got his first job and he got some hard cash in his hand to buy his first car for himself. and all these days we were running around to find him a proper car to suit ... cos of hours of playing need for speed ( the game) he likes to buy him self a honda CIVIC / VW GOLF or a BMW 320i / 318i or /325i (please note all the cars a second hand onces which date back from 1996 till 2002 )and the budget we have is enough to buy eaither. and we were telling him to buy a nissan altima or and mazda 6 or a toyota camry so he can use it in his family life as wel as his day to day life. but this bugger loves to drive fast and i don't kw if this is a good idea even to go around with him helping so he can buy his ride ( so he can crash it on the sides of the highway or smash it into another car and kill himself in a young age ) i don't kw :blink: but as a frnd i'm doing my duty by tagging along with him to find him his first ever car ... so please advice me on what to buy cos we met few cars in really good condition for very good prices. so for long lasting and for entertainment with low cost in maintenence what would be the best car to follow up and buy and does it has a good retail value in SL if we bring it down after some time.

my personal idea as a honda fan is go for the honda but compairing for the fun i hv with my BEEMEr i can't say not to buy one tooo, i don't kw pls help me out on this so i can help my frnd so buy his first car ....

cheers

thankz in advance

A Beemer or a VAG will be a lot safer than a civic or any of those Jap rides u mention, but a civic is real bang for the buck for mods. Any way now you can even get your euro ride sorted in Colombo without much of a hassle n $$$$ :)

Edited by Zakie@TIC

A Beemer or a VAG will be a lot safer than a civic or any of those Jap rides u mention, but a civic is real bang for the buck for mods. Any way now you can even get your euro ride sorted in Colombo without much of a hassle n $$$$ :)

Zakie, Do you tune the newer generation VW's?

IMHO wee bit pointless asking about advise for what car to buy to use in a different country in AL. A little like asking medical questions. We have different tax structures and different values, so you might get more help asking at a local forum where you live. We have enough international members that you might get some useful answers, but its gonna be a low percentage option.

thankz zakie macho even i was thinking about CIVICS cos i love it alot too and by the way we found some legacy B4s too even though subaru is not my taste i love the car alot cos it has lot of space and the performance is really way ok too ..peri macho by the way i guess no harm in asking about cars locally or internationaly in AL cos cars r care where ever u see it may u u wil find the weel on the other side but still a beemer is a beemer and a civic is a civic so i guess .. it's not really point less is asking such a qus here cos there are alot of petrol heads here who kw a lot more than me into cars i just go through the menual or the index web page before testing it out on the road but here there r people who eat STI for breakfast and drink NOS and hv some Vtecs as a snack in their day to day life so i really love to get an idea frm those doods like zakie and u all so i may do some justice to my frnd on his vergin car ....

thankz zakie macho even i was thinking about CIVICS cos i love it alot too and by the way we found some legacy B4s too even though subaru is not my taste i love the car alot cos it has lot of space and the performance is really way ok too ..peri macho by the way i guess no harm in asking about cars locally or internationaly in AL cos cars r care where ever u see it may u u wil find the weel on the other side but still a beemer is a beemer and a civic is a civic so i guess .. it's not really point less is asking such a qus here cos there are alot of petrol heads here who kw a lot more than me into cars i just go through the menual or the index web page before testing it out on the road but here there r people who eat STI for breakfast and drink NOS and hv some Vtecs as a snack in their day to day life so i really love to get an idea frm those doods like zakie and u all so i may do some justice to my frnd on his vergin car ....

No harm, but the thought process differs in SL. Coz of Tax, fuel price, dealers, cost of ownership, spending power of the consumer, etc etc. All different country to country. I mean, in SL, the cars you mention are all in different price classes. No one here would recommend a 325i coz of fuel costs, etc. So unless everyone knows where you are, they can't help on that question. Its not technical, in which case it would be the same.

As you can see, Zakie has answered in the SL context, coz he doesn't know your not from SL. It might not be relevant where you plan on buying and running the car.

And anyway, you yourself are confused over the requirement. Better sort that out first before asking.

thankz peri .... thankz alot man for the advice me i'm living in oman right now was here many times from my child hood and now i'm working here living with my aunt and uncle. i'm here for the past 6 months and thinking of staying here till the end of this year , price of fuel is not a issue at all cos at the pump u pay some thing like 35 rupees per liter the problem here which we r facing is there r no good places to repair so u hv to drive urself all the way to DUBAI to get ur self mods or do some great tuneups price of cars are really very cheap over here compaired to dubai a bit high but not abused like the cars in dubai. cos the pertol as they say r the best around in gulf they clean it pretty wel so u get better milage and the engine runs smooth with it guess one major reason is here there r smooth roads not like in SL and u can burn rubber as much as u want cos the country is so huge and has a lot of empty highways ....

most of the cars i mentioned before are around 5-6 laks srilankan rupees and the milage is around 85,000 to 110,000 kms

i kw zakie gave me the best deal for my money by telling me to buy a civic in SL standerds ... no dought i would hv told my frnd to go for a civic if he was in SL but for the price of buying a 2002 civic in SL u can buy ur self a mercedes-benz over here or a BMW 2002 7 series

and really peri macho i don't kw what should this guy buy cos u can really go for any thing for the money he has .... even a brand new mustang or a lumina SS but those they drink more petrol, even for us it's kind of too much for the pocket ... so we r thinking of the brands above mentioned .... we had ideas on buying a R 34 or a R 33 but all the cars we met were so abused ... but there were some good 350Z's & some supras just jumping over our price limit but we can afford but for a first car for a guy who just passed out from school and got his first job it's kind of too much i think so thats why we came down to that car model list ... i don't want to kill the guy with his first car ....

so thankz alot guys for the help hope to hear more from u people regarding the subject soon ....

Edited by kotte mafia

guys one of my good frnd got his first job and he got some hard cash in his hand to buy his first car for himself. and all these days we were running around to find him a proper car to suit ... cos of hours of playing need for speed ( the game) he likes to buy him self a honda CIVIC / VW GOLF or a BMW 320i / 318i or /325i (please note all the cars a second hand onces which date back from 1996 till 2002 )and the budget we have is enough to buy eaither. and we were telling him to buy a nissan altima or and mazda 6 or a toyota camry so he can use it in his family life as wel as his day to day life. but this bugger loves to drive fast and i don't kw if this is a good idea even to go around with him helping so he can buy his ride ( so he can crash it on the sides of the highway or smash it into another car and kill himself in a young age ) i don't kw :blink: but as a frnd i'm doing my duty by tagging along with him to find him his first ever car ... so please advice me on what to buy cos we met few cars in really good condition for very good prices. so for long lasting and for entertainment with low cost in maintenence what would be the best car to follow up and buy and does it has a good retail value in SL if we bring it down after some time.

my personal idea as a honda fan is go for the honda but compairing for the fun i hv with my BEEMEr i can't say not to buy one tooo, i don't kw pls help me out on this so i can help my frnd so buy his first car ....

cheers

thankz in advance

In Sri Lankan context, I think Civic would be the practical solution.

well one of my friend's in dubai has got a 98 chevy camaro for about 8 laks in SL currency... It's got either a V6 or V8, 5.7ltr motor..

and IMO you don't need a powerful car to kill ya self... Drive like a moron, even an 800cc maruti is more than enough :lol:

hey hey ripper machan camaro ...elaaaaaaa even one of my frnds hv it but he use it only one week per month when he gets selary all the rest of the time he drives his subaru legasy ... cos when u rav it(camaro) it drinks fuel like it's got a hole in the fuel tank i mean a real big hole .. it's the same like mustang but if ur driving in a long distance it's really fuel economic we tried it out. a peugeot 307 drinks a bit more than a camaro :blink:but a cool car to drive cos it's rear weel drive it's always enjoyable to drive it side ways and tail spin it ... :angry-smiley-048:

yap machan ur true to the last word ... no need to buy big cars to kill ur self even a maruti is enough .... :jumping-smiley-013: