• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Consumpthion

sltcdma

Question

Hi,

I have a bit old Toyota Corrolla KE20. It was running well. Recently one mechi repaired/cleaned the carburetor. After that I noticed that it is doing only 6km per petrol liter. earlier it was about 15 km per liter. what has gone wrong?

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I have a bit old Toyota Corrolla KE20. It was running well. Recently one mechi repaired/cleaned the carburetor. After that I noticed that it is doing only 6km per petrol liter. earlier it was about 15 km per liter. what has gone wrong?

the ke20 is an extremely efficient car. 6km/l seems wrong

are you sure? try running a fixed distance and recalculate?

if its that inefficient, maybe something is messed in the carb?

try taking to a reputed garage and get them to check it out.. maybe the carb is not calibrated correctly.

the ke20 is an extremely efficient car. 6km/l seems wrong

are you sure? try running a fixed distance and recalculate?

if its that inefficient, maybe something is messed in the carb?

try taking to a reputed garage and get them to check it out.. maybe the carb is not calibrated correctly.

My personal advice to you is that once you get the carby repaired properly and it's doing well on fuel...don't let those "wanna-be-carb-experts" meddle with it un-necessarily... Some folks just love to "adjust" carbs when they actually know very little abut them... And most of the time...you can clean a carb without dismantling it by using pressurized air and carb cleaners meant for that specific purpose... good luck :)

I like to share my experience, i faced the same problem and my one of wellwisher brought me to the son of Carburator Banda (at Grandpass clock tower) he did the cleaning and my Suzuki Alto worked to 18-20km/l in long way. earlier it worked only 8-10km/l. but his charge is little high, before do the cleanings ask the price>>>!!!!