• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Vitz Or A Swift

carnuwan1

HI TO YOU ALL :jumping-smiley-013:

i hope to buy a compact car for around 16 lacks

what is better the VITZ OR SWIFT :unsure:

ARE THERE MANUAL ONES OF BOTH MODELS AVAILABLE

WHAT ARE THE PRICES LIKE <_<

AND WHAT IS BETTER IN FUEL AND SEATING FOR 5 PEOPLE

HOPE TO HEAR SOON

THANHS

HOPE TO HEAR SOON

THANHS

Bro, When considering the two car choices you have requested, in my opinion I would say the "Better in fuel" and "Seating for 5" are two disperse factors like two sides of a coin for these two car models. The reason is,

Toyota Vitz is very good on fuel (specially the 1000cc model), as well as the 1300cc version. But as I have heard since Vitz has a bit low ground clearence when compared to other cars, there is a higher probability of Vitz underbody hitting on Sri Lankan speed "high standard" :angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-048: speed breakers when loaded with even four people. So your seating capacity requirement can be a problem on the vitz. Also this seating capacity lack is caused due to the small rear seat leg space and compact size of the vitz. Please refer the following photo.

toyotavitz4843fe8.th.jpg

toyotavitz4846bz1.th.jpg

photo showing the rear passenger leg space of a Vitz

Lets move on to your other choice, Suzuki Swift. I think here you are referring to the Japanese model previous swift with a tall body structure like in a small SUV. This car has a 1.3L engine and my father has the auto gear version of this Swift. Believe me the auto gear swift is the worst in fuel economy which gives only 8-9 kmpl in town and hardly 12-13kmpl in outstation full straight driving. Apart from it, its seating capacity is really good. Because of its tall body design, even the rear passenger leg space is pretty huge when compared to the vitz, and seating position is high so bit comfortable. And its ride hight is very good and suitable for Sri Lankan roads. No matter whether 5 people or 6 are traveling, you will never hit on a speed breaker for sure thanks to its 14inch tyres and body. If you are a manual tranny enthusiast, you can find a manual gear swift too. But those are rare and mostly you will find auto gear swifts throughout. If you search hard, you will find!!! I dont have any experience about the manual swifts but it got to be more fuel efficient than the auto gear one. Please refer the following photo which shows the rear passenger leg space of swift.

suzukiswift10606ax3.th.jpg

suzukiswift10612cc4.th.jpg You may notice in Swift, the seat position is high which lets rear passengers have comfortable leg space.

Pricing

Considering you budget is 16 laks you can easily reach a Toyota Vitz but not the swift. Swifts are at least 1 and half lakhs higher than the 16 because they are newer models, I think starting from 2003 and end with 2005. But Vitz model is only found upto year of manufacture 2003. Here please dont get misunderstand the Swift Im referring all over my answer is the tall model (Model: HT51 S), not the latest beetle model. Thats far beyond 16 lakhs reach. You can find a tall model swift for around 17.5 lakhs registered and 18.5 unregistered. If you are going for the swift, make sure to go for a car with ABS brakes (Anti Locking Brakes) because those cars have a slightly high resale value as well as better safety than the cars without ABS brakes. Some vendors in sales and even registered owners can fool you saying their cars have ABS which really aren't, If you are not properly aware of how to catch whether ABS brakes are available or not (I have narrow escape experiences on this issue when we were searching for a swift). The Chevrolet Cruze is also a similar model to the swift sharing the same Suzuki 1.3 L engine, but with a different body structure with few extra features when compared to Swift. So Its price is bit higher. And another alternative for you is The Suzuki KEI, which has a similar body structure to Swift but a small engine with 660cc capacity. Some people say smaller engines are fuel efficient, but I dont have experiences on that so someone else may contribute please. Even this Kei model is available in Sri Lankan market with a lower price than the swift, but rare in availability when compared to swifts. Again if you search sure you can find one. Here are some pics of Suzuki Kei model

suzukikei10535ua2.th.jpg

suzukikei10536ut0.th.jpg

suzukikei10538kw1.th.jpgEven the Kei's seating is the same as Swift.

suzukikei10543uf5.th.jpg

So before making a decision you may search more. The above are my advices and dont 100% depend on my advices though and you may explore more cos your tastes can be different from mine. Anyway good luck and wish you all the best to make a good decision!!!!!!! :alc:

Edited by Car Maniac

HOPE TO HEAR SOON

THANHS

Hi Nuwan,

I wonder which version of the Swift is the one you are interested in, is it the new one (after 2005 I think) or the pre 2005 model ?

I think the Vitz only comes with a 1L engine doesn't it ?. I think it will be a little bit of a struggle dragging around 5 people with that ! But it is VERY economical.

I believe the Swift comes with a 1.3L engine and a bit more space which should seat 5 adults ............. I think ........ though it depends on how big these particular adults are !

Edited by The Don

Bro, When considering the two car choices you have requested, in my opinion I would say the "Better in fuel" and "Seating for 5" are two disperse factors like two sides of a coin for these two car models. The reason is,

Toyota Vitz is very good on fuel (specially the 1000cc model), as well as the 1300cc version. But as I have heard since Vitz has a bit low ground clearence when compared to other cars, there is a higher probability of Vitz underbody hitting on Sri Lankan speed "high standard" :angry-smiley-024::angry-smiley-048: speed breakers when loaded with even four people. So your seating capacity requirement can be a problem on the vitz. Also this seating capacity lack is caused due to the small rear seat leg space and compact size of the vitz. Please refer the following photo.

toyotavitz4843fe8.th.jpg

toyotavitz4846bz1.th.jpg

photo showing the rear passenger leg space of a Vitz

Lets move on to your other choice, Suzuki Swift. I think here you are referring to the Japanese model previous swift with a tall body structure like in a small SUV. This car has a 1.3L engine and my father has the auto gear version of this Swift. Believe me the auto gear swift is the worst in fuel economy which gives only 8-9 kmpl in town and hardly 12-13kmpl in outstation full straight driving. Apart from it, its seating capacity is really good. Because of its tall body design, even the rear passenger leg space is pretty huge when compared to the vitz, and seating position is high so bit comfortable. And its ride hight is very good and suitable for Sri Lankan roads. No matter whether 5 people or 6 are traveling, you will never hit on a speed breaker for sure thanks to its 14inch tyres and body. If you are a manual tranny enthusiast, you can find a manual gear swift too. But those are rare and mostly you will find auto gear swifts throughout. If you search hard, you will find!!! I dont have any experience about the manual swifts but it got to be more fuel efficient than the auto gear one. Please refer the following photo which shows the rear passenger leg space of swift.

suzukiswift10606ax3.th.jpg

suzukiswift10612cc4.th.jpg You may notice in Swift, the seat position is high which lets rear passengers have comfortable leg space.

Pricing

Considering you budget is 16 laks you can easily reach a Toyota Vitz but not the swift. Swifts are at least 1 and half lakhs higher than the 16 because they are newer models, I think starting from 2003 and end with 2005. But Vitz model is only found upto year of manufacture 2003. Here please dont get misunderstand the Swift Im referring all over my answer is the tall model (Model: HT51 S), not the latest beetle model. Thats far beyond 16 lakhs reach. You can find a tall model swift for around 17.5 lakhs registered and 18.5 unregistered. If you are going for the swift, make sure to go for a car with ABS brakes (Anti Locking Brakes) because those cars have a slightly high resale value as well as better safety than the cars without ABS brakes. Some vendors in sales and even registered owners can fool you saying their cars have ABS which really aren't, If you are not properly aware of how to catch whether ABS brakes are available or not (I have narrow escape experiences on this issue when we were searching for a swift). The Chevrolet Cruze is also a similar model to the swift sharing the same Suzuki 1.3 L engine, but with a different body structure with few extra features when compared to Swift. So Its price is bit higher. And another alternative for you is The Suzuki KEI, which has a similar body structure to Swift but a small engine with 660cc capacity. Some people say smaller engines are fuel efficient, but I dont have experiences on that so someone else may contribute please. Even this Kei model is available in Sri Lankan market with a lower price than the swift, but rare in availability when compared to swifts. Again if you search sure you can find one. Here are some pics of Suzuki Kei model

suzukikei10535ua2.th.jpg

suzukikei10536ut0.th.jpg

suzukikei10538kw1.th.jpgEven the Kei's seating is the same as Swift.

suzukikei10543uf5.th.jpg

So before making a decision you may search more. The above are my advices and dont 100% depend on my advices though and you may explore more cos your tastes can be different from mine. Anyway good luck and wish you all the best to make a good decision!!!!!!! :alc:

can not agreed about fuel consumtion of Swift. Mine has Chevrolet Cruze( same Swift engin and Auto) and does in City 12-13 and long distance more than 15.

Edited by BAnuradha

can not agreed about fuel consumtion of Swift. Mine has Chevrolet Cruze( same Swift engin and Auto) and does in City 12-13 and long distance more than 15.

Yeah man my swift is also 1.3L auto. But the fuel consumption is like that. We have to believe it. Thats cos I got all these poor fuel consumptions after getting a full engine tuneup done at A*W - Suzuki Agents, spending 6500 Rs. Even the A*W service manager told me Suzuki swift won't do more than 9-10 in the city. Though the engine is the same in Cruze and the swift, the fuel consumption difference is possible cos other than the engine, all the work of Cruze are designed by General Motors. And as far as I heard, even the suspension system of the cruze is a completely different one from the Swift and it is called GM Tuned Sports Suspension. So I believe even the body weight, aero dynamic shape can vary for these two cars which can possibly result in swift getting poor consumption and cruze getting good fuel consumption. Anyway I also agree with your Cruze's fuel consumption because I also got to know from a cruze owner that its fuel consumption is better than a swift.