• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Water Theme Park In Sri Lanka

Umar Ali

Hey guys..

When i read the SL dailynews website it said a private firm is gonna open a water theme

park on april 2nd... so i wanna knw whether u guys have heard abt it?

This is the info published on the site www.dailynews.lk

KALUAGGALA: 'Leisure World' - the first Sri Lankan Park based on the theme of 'Water and Amusement' will be officially open by President Mahinda Rajapakse on Monday, March 27 in Kaluaggala.

The Park managed by the Leisure World Water Parks (Pvt) Ltd., will be open to the public from April 2.

The 'Leisure World', covers around 52 acres of beautiful land and consists of four main areas, built to provide entertainment and amusement to the public.

Located in Kaluaggala, the park consists of 28 activities. For the first time in Sri Lanka, water related activities like a 'wave pool' -a man made pool with waves like in the ocean, Octopus-an octopus shaped water ride-which could be cruised on boats and other activities will be introduced to Sri Lanka.

A super-fast 'Green Worm Coaster', a 'Log Flume Swing Around' where people board a log and get to slide in high speed on a water filled slip board, a Pirate Ship, a UFO and a Space Ship are some of the main amusements in the park.

The Park which is also environmentally friendly will have a special 'Toddlers' Play Area' and man-made Rain Forest. The park will have two large air-conditioned food courts.

The Park has equipment imported from China and India.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did hear about it but i don't kno wmuch detail on it. i think it's owned by the same company that owns excel world...

anyone know where kaluagala is?

I'm not too sure- but is this one thats been constructed near towards Meepe on the high level road??

Yes Fuzzo ur rite its owned by the excel world.. cos later i found out that the

excel owner's son is a friend of my high school friend.. haven;t got more info on it thou..

will let u guys knw as soon as i get them..

Hehe....man a waterpark in Sri Lanka???... imagine all our buggers goin there!! it will be dirty and filthy and every uncivilised bastard will be pissing in the wave pool etc etc...dunno if ill ever want to even step into the park....thats always the prob wit SL...give it 6 months and the place will probably close down................

Hehe....man a waterpark in Sri Lanka???... imagine all our buggers goin there!! it will be dirty and filthy and every uncivilised bastard will be pissing in the wave pool etc etc...dunno if ill ever want to even step into the park....thats always the prob wit SL...give it 6 months and the place will probably close down................

thanks for that man...now im definitly not goin :jumping-smiley-013:

how true... and ugh, now im definetely not entering the park..

I think prices full unlimited rides is like 1300 or something.. which is not bad eh?!

how true... and ugh, now im definetely not entering the park..

I think prices full unlimited rides is like 1300 or something.. which is not bad eh?!

Pls excuse me for sounding arrogant or whatever but thats the prob.... 1300 is maybe tooo cheap....now u will have all the thrada buggers under the sun there tryin to be fresh with any girls in bikini's etc etc....maybe if it was more expensive then a "Nicer" crowd might be there...imagine these f**kers cant control themselves at Majestic City (hence the name MC Dudes) and at Excel world...so they will probably go f**king crazy at a waterpark....i would honestly pay a higher price knowing that i would have a day of pure clean fun instead of paying hospital fee's for a broken wrist tryin to deal with those punk ass bitches...

Pls excuse me for sounding arrogant or whatever but thats the prob.... 1300 is maybe tooo cheap....now u will have all the thrada buggers under the sun there tryin to be fresh with any girls in bikini's etc etc....maybe if it was more expensive then a "Nicer" crowd might be there...imagine these f**kers cant control themselves at Majestic City (hence the name MC Dudes) and at Excel world...so they will probably go f**king crazy at a waterpark....

well its true tho cos thats exactly wat wud happen...and its goin to b impossible to control...but im more worried abt the hygiene...

sounds prtty exciting.. but i guess it might be pretty exepnsive huh? considering the intial investment they must have gad to make....

where exactly is this?

and heyy, maybe we can have the next Autolanka Get-2-Gether there....

:D

:D

Great >> :alc:

thoes are quite harsh comments mate. i know they are true to some extend but just because few jokers act like idiots its not nice to bash every single sri lankan is it?

we are lucky to be born to parents who take good care of us financially but there are out other poor souls in this country who don’t have that privilege.

thoes are quite harsh comments mate. i know they are true to some extend but just because few jokers act like idiots its not nice to bash every single sri lankan is it?

we are lucky to be born to parents who take good care of us financially but there are out other poor souls in this country who don't have that privilege.

Yep, we, as in us, have got it all wrong here.. this water park will be for the common man who does not have too much of an issue with hygiene etc... If it was priced high and made too exclusive- it would run into loss cause there will not be enough customers..

Those who can afford to pay more will pay more abroad and not here..! :D

Yep, we, as in us, have got it all wrong here.. this water park will be for the common man who does not have too much of an issue with hygiene etc... If it was priced high and made too exclusive- it would run into loss cause there will not be enough customers..

Those who can afford to pay more will pay more abroad and not here..! ;)

when i was reading this thead, i was going back and forth about the idea of charging high prices to keep the standards.. but Pilawoos gave the best answer posible... great way to summerize this!!!

Hey guys..

When i read the SL dailynews website it said a private firm is gonna open a water theme

park on april 2nd... so i wanna knw whether u guys have heard abt it?

This is the info published on the site www.dailynews.lk

KALUAGGALA: 'Leisure World' - the first Sri Lankan Park based on the theme of 'Water and Amusement' will be officially open by President Mahinda Rajapakse on Monday, March 27 in Kaluaggala.

The Park managed by the Leisure World Water Parks (Pvt) Ltd., will be open to the public from April 2.

The 'Leisure World', covers around 52 acres of beautiful land and consists of four main areas, built to provide entertainment and amusement to the public.

Located in Kaluaggala, the park consists of 28 activities. For the first time in Sri Lanka, water related activities like a 'wave pool' -a man made pool with waves like in the ocean, Octopus-an octopus shaped water ride-which could be cruised on boats and other activities will be introduced to Sri Lanka.

A super-fast 'Green Worm Coaster', a 'Log Flume Swing Around' where people board a log and get to slide in high speed on a water filled slip board, a Pirate Ship, a UFO and a Space Ship are some of the main amusements in the park.

The Park which is also environmentally friendly will have a special 'Toddlers' Play Area' and man-made Rain Forest. The park will have two large air-conditioned food courts.

The Park has equipment imported from China and India.

yup... one of my Uncle's were in charge of the construction.... his compnay has undertaken to do the construction work.... it's really cool.... huge open area so it's a bit sunny

Those who can afford to pay more will pay more abroad and not here..! :jumping-smiley-013:

Yes, pila is 100% correct on this issue. if a product is launched to the common man its target market gona be very high. house of fashion is a very good example

Those who can afford to pay more will pay more abroad and not here..! :alc:

we are lucky to be born to parents who take good care of us financially but there are out other poor souls in this country who don’t have that privilege.

I 100% agree with both pila's and xXx comments. well said :jumping-smiley-013:

they showed the opening ceremony on the news.. there was one water ride that seemed pretty fun..

WoW :) ….!! Water ride is cool.. Dilesh,, I also saw the opening ceremony on news.. There were some Nice Rides Too… Have to go quickly,