• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Prob With Toyota

kotte mafia

Question

hey guys .... my aunt owns a toyota camry old model i guess 98-99 not really sure the one which has flat lond back lights ....

and it seems when u start it up and put into drive and give some gas ..it starts to brake up like u get a different noice ..and lots of jurking and it jumps too suddenlly (it's hard to explain cos i really never tamed the english langauge properly so i can tel u what really happens).... i was thinking it was a mis in the engine and i opend up and cleaned the spark plugs tooo ...it's a 2.4 / 16 valve engine and i hv no idea whats wrong .. i can't take it just like that to the garage cos i don't kw any one here so the buggers wil charge me alot for the repairs telling us that even the parts which u don't really need to change has to be changed

so guys pls give some idea aBT WHATS GOING ON so i can face this prob with confidence

thankz in advance

11 answers to this question

hey guys .... my aunt owns a toyota camry old model i guess 98-99 not really sure the one which has flat lond back lights ....

and it seems when u start it up and put into drive and give some gas ..it starts to brake up like u get a different noice ..and lots of jurking and it jumps too suddenlly (it's hard to explain cos i really never tamed the english langauge properly so i can tel u what really happens).... i was thinking it was a mis in the engine and i opend up and cleaned the spark plugs tooo ...it's a 2.4 / 16 valve engine and i hv no idea whats wrong .. i can't take it just like that to the garage cos i don't kw any one here so the buggers wil charge me alot for the repairs telling us that even the parts which u don't really need to change has to be changed

so guys pls give some idea aBT WHATS GOING ON so i can face this prob with confidence

thankz in advance

Start from Minor to Major. Start from Plugs to leads..make sure plugs are good(plug tip) if they are bad cleaning will not sort it out. Next do a simple ecu reset by removing the terminals keep for few minutes and reconnect show reload default map..if problem still there move towards fuel side..Fuel filter,injectors etc.

It seems like you feel a miss firing while reving up. Check your plug wires & the if the distributor is fuctioning well. Another could be your throttle sensor could be weak & not prviding the required responces it should provide for a smooth reving up.

By the way has this car done a heavy milage??

My bro had a similar prob with his Premio & the culprit was a plug wire which wasn't passing the electric pulse to the plug. At the same time the plug wires were changed we did a throttle body clean-up as well.

yap yap peri its like ur in a bullok cart machang ..... lots of jurks not really major ones but u can feel it .. do u kw what is the prob ....

If plugs, leads and injectors are in order....there's a chance that the problem is actually with the auto tranny... does it slip from gear to gear or is it only a hesitation like you would experience when the motor is not delivering enough power...sorta choking effect?

"and it seems when u start it up and put into drive and give some gas ..it starts to brake up like u get a different noice ..and lots of jurking and it jumps too suddenlly "

that sounds very much like tranny issue to me... can be simple as replacing the clutch pack or solenoid pack depending on your auto box...

maybe an autobox expert can chime in :)

thankz guys alot now i kw alot abt whats going on under the hood of that car and at least i can talk to the mekka at the garage with some confidence and the smart ass indens who work here can't fool me around by telling u need to replace this and that and take my money for nothing ...

dinosh machang it's not done more than 115,000Km's it's our family's last option and was there i guess for along time .. and i'm the only bugger who's raving up the engine and driving it more than 120km/h or else it's one slow moving car

and rippy the gears are shifting normally no sliping and the gas padel is working fine too no chocking effect ... and the engine mounds r wel in order too

this is my first major car prob i faced and i thank u all for helping me out at this matter

guess i'd better change the plugs and see,(thats the only thing i kw to do except changing oil) .. before taking it to the garage ... may be it will work and i can take the money frm my aunt and spend it on the weekend for some booze :angry-smiley-048:

what do u guys think is good take the car to the company service station or any other private garage ... the only thing which is holding me back to go toyota is u have to wait for some time .... in the list cos over here alot of stupid buggers for no reason likes toyota's <_< i can't see why it is famous over here when u can find alot of good cars in the market ... even though it's not that fuel efficient and by the way who cares abt fuel over here it's cheaper than water :rolleyes:

thankz guys alot now i kw alot abt whats going on under the hood of that car and at least i can talk to the mekka at the garage with some confidence and the smart ass indens who work here can't fool me around by telling u need to replace this and that and take my money for nothing ...

dinosh machang it's not done more than 115,000Km's it's our family's last option and was there i guess for along time .. and i'm the only bugger who's raving up the engine and driving it more than 120km/h or else it's one slow moving car

and rippy the gears are shifting normally no sliping and the gas padel is working fine too no chocking effect ... and the engine mounds r wel in order too

this is my first major car prob i faced and i thank u all for helping me out at this matter

guess i'd better change the plugs and see,(thats the only thing i kw to do except changing oil) .. before taking it to the garage ... may be it will work and i can take the money frm my aunt and spend it on the weekend for some booze :angry-smiley-048:

what do u guys think is good take the car to the company service station or any other private garage ... the only thing which is holding me back to go toyota is u have to wait for some time .... in the list cos over here alot of stupid buggers for no reason likes toyota's <_< i can't see why it is famous over here when u can find alot of good cars in the market ... even though it's not that fuel efficient and by the way who cares abt fuel over here it's cheaper than water :rolleyes:

if you haven't done any injection system cleanups in a while this can even be something simple as that...

With only 115000km on the clock this is not anything serious. Take the car upto a mechanic preferrabally the one you usually consult for your repairs.

As you've mentioned above; just don't go and change the plugs if they are in good condition. they may not be causing this perticular prob. There are many other components which need to function inline to supply power to the plugs to operate in the required sequence, any malfunction in these components could also cause problems.

thnakz alot dinosh machang wil do so .... but u kw thankz alot for shading some light on this prob cos i was just walking in the dark now i kw alot on whats going on ..... thankz ....