• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Does 'used By' Rally Means...

VVTi

Guys just to get your opinion about a now very common phrase in car adverts.... Used By....

Do we really care if the car in question has been used by a doctor, banker, engineer, lawyer, director? Can that really affect the price and condition? Does it say that these people are better at using a car than say, me, a no body? Do they drive the car differently than I do? Just because they are qualified. What can that mean? Does a sales executive use a car worse than a sales manager? I used to be one and I took care of them so well, because my job and life depended on the car. Can a doctor in Sri Lanka, who are known to amputate the wrong leg in many cases and will strike at a drop of a hat jeopardizing thousands of lives be trusted to put the right fuel in the car? Can a director of a company who skims the company be trusted to send the car to the agent for servicing? Can a lawyer who ragged other students throughout law college be trusted to have an impeccable service record for his car?

I know for one thing though, I will not touch a car used by a director of a plantation sector Company..(not that I can afford it anyway). They use their cars to go to Plantation Bungalows and we all know that these roads are only for 4x4s in most cases and not for Audis or BMWs. Trust me I have seen this and had sleepless nights thinking about the punishment the cars must have gone through!

When I see these ads it makes me laugh and feel sad... at these people who wants to be seen important even in these petty situations.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by VVTi

Guys just to get your opinion about a now very common phrase in car adverts.... Used By....

Do we really care if the car in question has been used by a doctor, banker, engineer, lawyer, director? Can that really affect the price and condition? Does it say that these people are better at using a car than say, me, a no body? Do they drive the car differently than I do? Just because they are qualified. What can that mean? Does a sales executive use a car worse than a sales manager? I used to be one and I took care of them so well, because my job and life depended on the car. Can a doctor in Sri Lanka, who are known to amputate the wrong leg in many cases and will strike at a drop of a hat jeopardizing thousands of lives be trusted to put the right fuel in the car? Can a director of a company who skims the company be trusted to send the car to the agent for servicing? Can a lawyer who ragged other students throughout law college be trusted to have an impeccable service record for his car?

I know for one thing though, I will not touch a car used by a director of a plantation sector Company..(not that I can afford it anyway). They use their cars to go to Plantation Bungalows and we all know that these roads are only for 4x4s in most cases and not for Audis or BMWs. Trust me I have seen this and had sleepless nights thinking about the punishment the cars must have gone through!

When I see these ads it makes me laugh and feel sad... at these people who wants to be seen important even in these petty situations.

What are your thoughts?

"Used by" in shorten means: "On your knees..kneel down....down...worship me you....Give way Intelligent & Very Important Person over here"..sick fellows..

Nothing but ego....