• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Ford Owners Club Event #3

GuruG

What do you prefer most for the next MFOC event?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. I would love to take part in a

• Fun Rally
    • Gymkhana
    • Car Show
    • Parade
    • BBQ

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, a few details on the Fun Rally & BBQ ( Subject to the next (hic) committee meeting ) :)

Thoughts

Open to all.

Fun Rally. So cars will not get bashed / smashed/ bent

About 100 Kms, start from Colombo and end in the BBQ place - ( wherever that is to be. )

Instructions in the form of simple instructions.

TSD format ( Time, speed, distance) with average speeds about 25KM per hour.

Remember its a FUN rally :)

The objective is to get all the checkpoints and finish the rally with the minimum debit points

Good to get family involved.

Get the entries in early, with confirmations and some payment so that the guys turn up on that day :)

There will have to be a few of us who will have to " Volunteer" to man the checkpoints - and they will be the organising committee and cannot take part in the rally.

There WILL be an entry fee - for checkpoints, stickers etc (unless some kind soul sponsors)

Pre Rally work:

Plotting the route

Identifying the tasks

Identifying the checkpoint locations

2 dummy runs to finalise and detail the route instructions

Finalising the points system

BBQ place organising -

Food, Booze, :action-smiley-035:

girls / dancers

Campfire ?

photos

etc etc

Whew , gonna be fun

sounds good.. one hiccup though.. there is small mismatch between girls/dancers and family isnt it...

sounds good.. one hiccup though.. there is small mismatch between girls/dancers and family isnt it...

Girls = Family

Dancers = can be family = girls

most started dancing and then suddenly realised that they were family :rolleyes:

Hi, a few details on the Fun Rally & BBQ ( Subject to the next (hic) committee meeting ) :)

Thoughts

Open to all.

Fun Rally. So cars will not get bashed / smashed/ bent

About 100 Kms, start from Colombo and end in the BBQ place - ( wherever that is to be. )

Instructions in the form of simple instructions.

TSD format ( Time, speed, distance) with average speeds about 25KM per hour.

Remember its a FUN rally :)

The objective is to get all the checkpoints and finish the rally with the minimum debit points

Good to get family involved.

Get the entries in early, with confirmations and some payment so that the guys turn up on that day :)

There will have to be a few of us who will have to " Volunteer" to man the checkpoints - and they will be the organising committee and cannot take part in the rally.

There WILL be an entry fee - for checkpoints, stickers etc (unless some kind soul sponsors)

Pre Rally work:

Plotting the route

Identifying the tasks

Identifying the checkpoint locations

2 dummy runs to finalise and detail the route instructions

Finalising the points system

BBQ place organising -

Food, Booze, :action-smiley-035:

girls / dancers

Campfire ?

photos

etc etc

Whew , gonna be fun

If you provide the girls/dancers, consider the photos covered :D

cool ..well shall we start bulding our engines n susp...just kidding..will run with the standerd set up..well a 100km is bit tuff im telling with experiance make it max btwn 40-50km( if u tk avrge speed 25kmh just think to run a 100km???? avrage arnd 50kmh is best)..or the guys who r doing the callculations will suffer, cos it taks lot of time (just my idea mates)with 6-8 chk points it wd do..after all we all runing for fun ...keep us informed mate..well madz can gv a help with the stickers n stuff..just talk to him.

Edited by RACERSEDGE

:suicide2:

Yap lets make it short n sweet.

O.k., committee meeting is on.... Pradfred, Mazdaspeed, Charitha19, Bugati.... lets finalise this.

Need to get feed back about this from MFOC members n the rest.

As I can recall last time Charitha wants to have next meetin at his place. Charitha machan could u pls pick a date n time that is more convenient for you.

Guess Racersedges' talents are equally good in organizing. Hope all can remember the HNB fun rally. Club can use him than letting him run. I'm sure he will help you out if the MFOC not hurt his feelings. (Very sensitive over insults on Hondas) :D

MINIACE

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/pd...hondaturtle.jpg just kiddin bro :P

yeah machang kind of.. kalubowila to be exact.. near the hospital.. i see u riding in the attidiya road a lot.. i go to see lasitha a lot for my car stuff.. i guess you know him...

Yeah i live Attidiya, know Lasitha and one small advise try to avoide those broker doods, u can save lods of money :rolleyes: if u want to do something go to the place straight

cool ..well shall we start bulding our engines n susp...just kidding..will run with the standerd set up..well a 100km is bit tuff im telling with experiance make it max btwn 40-50km( if u tk avrge speed 25kmh just think to run a 100km???? avrage arnd 50kmh is best)..or the guys who r doing the callculations will suffer, cos it taks lot of time (just my idea mates)with 6-8 chk points it wd do..after all we all runing for fun ...keep us informed mate..well madz can gv a help with the stickers n stuff..just talk to him.

yeah machan 100 is too much, btw cant this average speed go close to 80 and 100 mark ? :unsure: dont know anything about these rally stuff so i call u to get some info gaya

yeah machan 100 is too much, btw cant this average speed go close to 80 and 100 mark ? :unsure: dont know anything about these rally stuff so i call u to get some info gaya

well usually rally's unlike track events arent all abuot speed.. thats why u see kinda of subdued speeds at rallys' plus in some main stream rally's u get minus marks if u arrive too early.. so its about balance.. but true... somewhere around 50 to 60 on average should be ok.. rather than 25Km.. thanks for the feedback guys..

guru: we will take these inputs when we discuss about it.. by the way my place is avalble this friday around 7.00PM..

well usually rally's unlike track events arent all abuot speed.. thats why u see kinda of subdued speeds at rallys' plus in some main stream rally's u get minus marks if u arrive too early.. so its about balance.. but true... somewhere around 50 to 60 on average should be ok.. rather than 25Km.. thanks for the feedback guys..

guru: we will take these inputs when we discuss about it.. by the way my place is avalble this friday around 7.00PM..

'Guys dont worry about the speed too much .

by any chance if you cannot find the instructions given & go in a wrong direction, then you will have to go even more than 100km/h to catchup.

added to that you need to follow all the road rules including traffic lights so to keep a Avg of about 25km's you need to go around 40 -50km/h in most places as you will be loosing lot of time on the road with traffic. This way competitors will not take too much risk by trying to speed

Just my 2 cents

Edited by MRM

very true mrm..with the security issues these days..make it short n sweet..under legal speed limits..thats all mates

Oi Charitha,

If u wanna see your radar detector, u better wait for me.. trying to figure out on how to bring it in to SL. Got a 2-way radio. will come in use during the event.

also thinkin of buying an MTX Jackhammer.. awesome punch..!

when is the next meeting???

Mazdaspeed : can u check something for me, need to know, if the intrument cluster is the same for left/right hand drives.. I mean the whole unit and not just the dials.

guys ,

I knew the 25KMPh would get a reaction :) :)

Having done a few of these Fun rallies, its not as easy as anyone thinks to maintain - say even a 50 kmph AVERAGE.

lets discuss this . It aint so important anyway as its supposed to be a fun thing right?

ok, the distance can be shortened to about 5- 75 kms but hey wheres the fun in that?

Me and my colleagues just plotted the Yes FM Corporate challenge rally and its a toughie.

I humbly suggest that we (the MFOC) have a meeting to which everyone on this forum is invited and we then discuss this in detail and agree, as its a really good thing to do, if done right.

A bit of expenses and commitment is also needed and a dedicated team of organisers....hint hint.

We have a lot of super experienced dudes on this forum, and we must leverage them as well.

So lets decide, MFOC + everyone else meet up ......where ? & When?

CR has a new bar ............ Austasia no AC.......The Keg ...good English pub but a bit pricey.........Charitha 19's house...hmmmmmmmmmm and furthermore hmmmmmmmm

Ball & monkey effectively passed....... :rolleyes:

guys ,

I knew the 25KMPh would get a reaction :) :)

Having done a few of these Fun rallies, its not as easy as anyone thinks to maintain - say even a 50 kmph AVERAGE.

dont know abt these Rally stuff but give me to go to Point A from Point B average 100+ in any traffic conditions, ill do it, anyway seems to be this rally stuff are bit different

dont know abt these Rally stuff but give me to go to Point A from Point B average 100+ in any traffic conditions, ill do it, anyway seems to be this rally stuff are bit different
:sarcastic_hand:

He he Yo just pulled into my auto conqueror list of the "hallucination cosmos" ! :D

MINIACE

no big issue gih..you know help is always there mate, uncle memphis is also in town so no issue..just think it simple as a to b 50+ avrage with few turn left , bare right, proceed straight ext ext.u ll catch up,

trick here mate is not to keep 50kmh avrg..wh n n where to go up n dwn on yo speed dipending on track cnd n adjust with time..i know miniace n memphis will shoot me for letting out more info on tricks ha ha but in a fun rally we'r not runnig with rally meters n syncro'ncd clocks so no big issue..just run as u feel

Oi Charitha,

If u wanna see your radar detector, u better wait for me.. trying to figure out on how to bring it in to SL. Got a 2-way radio. will come in use during the event.

also thinkin of buying an MTX Jackhammer.. awesome punch..!

when is the next meeting???

Mazdaspeed : can u check something for me, need to know, if the intrument cluster is the same for left/right hand drives.. I mean the whole unit and not just the dials.

then after the 5th it is.

then after the 5th it is.

right, its the effing 4th now,

so lets do this soon.

I humbly suggest we makei t open and invite the AL dudes and use the time to discuss and plan the fun rally?

We can then get concensus on the big items and also get the org teams done.

If this is a open house thing we can meet outside somewhere - and split da bill.

What say all?

right, its the effing 4th now,

so lets do this soon.

I humbly suggest we makei t open and invite the AL dudes and use the time to discuss and plan the fun rally?

We can then get concensus on the big items and also get the org teams done.

If this is a open house thing we can meet outside somewhere - and split da bill.

What say all?

i am game with anything,, so bugatti is due back tomorrow..