• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Car To Rent!

Kadaffi

Hey guys, me and my family will be coming to SL in august and were thinking of renting out a car, can anyone recommend a good rental company and which is the best car to rent?

Last year we borrowed my uncles Nissan Vanette!, its the worst vehicle i have ever been in! its like driving around on a pogo stick!

btw if its against the rules to discuss rental companies, I will edit the post.

Thanks

There's also a website where you can book a car to use when you arrive in SL after paying a $150 deposit. I think reservations are only for 3 weeks but you can extend it. Don't know if I'm allowed to post the site but just google Sri Lanka Car Rental and you'll come across it. As for the car, I guess any Japanese sedan will do if you don't need a van.

Hey guys, me and my family will be coming to SL in august and were thinking of renting out a car, can anyone recommend a good rental company and which is the best car to rent?

Last year we borrowed my uncles Nissan Vanette!, its the worst vehicle i have ever been in! its like driving around on a pogo stick!

btw if its against the rules to discuss rental companies, I will edit the post.

Thanks

mate there are loads of rent a car places in sri lanka now. once you get down just ring couple of these places for a quotation im sure there wont be any major price differences since the market is heavily flooded now.

Thanks for the replies! Are there any age restrictions when renting? And will there be any problem driving with an international licence?

Thanks again

im not too sure but i guess as long as you have a valid drivers license age wont be an issue. There’s no law against using an international license. it'll be a wise idea to mention that you are not based in sri lanka if a cop asked for the license.

I don't think there will be a problem with the International Licence. And you can use any foreign licence, but you have to get a letter of certification from the AA office at galle face. Anyway I know plenty of people who use their US and UK licences, without even the letter and they havent had trouble. One guy got stopped and the cop had sent him off without a charge after seeing the foreign license :angry-smiley-048: