• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does Alloy Wheels Really Works?

Thanushka

Hi everybody,

I have seen so many people saying that by after putting alloy wheels, the performance of there vehicle has been increased, they are experiencing better handling and cornering abilities, increased fuel efficiency, etc.

Are they true, or is is just beauty.

Specially most people increase the value of their vehicles about 100k after putting set of alloy wheels worth of 30k <_<

Hi everybody,

I have seen so many people saying that by after putting alloy wheels, the performance of there vehicle has been increased, they are experiencing better handling and cornering abilities, increased fuel efficiency, etc.

Specially most people increase the value of their vehicles about 100k after putting set of alloy wheels worth of 30k <_<

according to me it is only for beauti. there is no remarkable change in other aspects. :D

If you change from normal rims to alloys I think there is a difference. When I changed to alloys I felt there was better handling and slight increase in fuel efficiency. This is coz the rim set which was there was pretty bad. Also there is a better look for the car.

Hi everybody,

I doubt that there will be a change. Unless you go for a very high spec set. Its mostly the aesthetic aspect. Most of these alloys probably weigh more than the original steel wheels.

Hi everybody,

Well it all depends on the alloy wheels you put in and their suitability for your vehicle.

Alloy wheels are mostly constructed using compounds which are lighter than steel and thus they tend to be lighter than the original steel wheels vehicles often come with. This obviously means you require less power to turn them, and better power to weight ration which leads to better performance and fuel efficiency.

If you use wheels wider than the original wheels, this results in better grip on the road, which then leads to better handling, cornering, but often less fuel efficiency.

So alloy wheels used wisely can attain some of the benefits you mention, apart from being a cosmetic upgrade.

Lighter wheels also reduce un-sprung weight making the suspension work easier = better performance out of the setup. Also, it's better to lose unsprung weight than spending tons of money on lightweight body parts.

Nice read ---> http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=10243.0;wap2

Well it all depends on the alloy wheels you put in and their suitability for your vehicle.

Alloy wheels are mostly constructed using compounds which are lighter than steel and thus they tend to be lighter than the original steel wheels vehicles often come with. This obviously means you require less power to turn them, and better power to weight ration which leads to better performance and fuel efficiency.

If you use wheels wider than the original wheels, this results in better grip on the road, which then leads to better handling, cornering, but often less fuel efficiency.

So alloy wheels used wisely can attain some of the benefits you mention, apart from being a cosmetic upgrade.

yes don is spot on here.. it depends on what you want and the type of car you have.. u can put a set for completly cosmetic reasons, or reasons stated by don here..