• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Off Roading At Kaudulla

Velocity

Mini on one puddle water went above the roof, sadly could not take pictures because we did not know what the hell happend.

:rolleyes:

I was very impressed with my cruiser and i feared my tires would get me stuck - but it never failed on me :) . My other freinds have loads 4x4 experiance, so i was able to share some experiance with them.

only problem was that i lost my front number plate to huge mud pit. :(

Mini on one puddle water went above the roof, sadly could not take pictures because we did not know what the hell happend.

I was very impressed with my cruiser and i feared my tires would get me stuck - but it never failed on me :) . My other freinds have loads 4x4 experiance, so i was able to share some experiance with them.

only problem was that i lost my front number plate to huge mud pit. :(

Wow Superb mate! So we can expect a crocodile wearing English plates in Kaudulla area hah? :action-smiley-060:

croc2pc0.jpg

w470.png

MINIACE

Awesome pictures, Dimantha!

The green LN166 in the pictures used to belong to a friend of mine, and I navigated him in that, on the SLARDAR 1000 4x4 Rally and and Southern Monsoon Rally last year. That was an absolutely bullet-proof truck, but he sold it to get a 70 Series like yours. :)

Wow Superb mate! So we can expect a crocodile wearing English plates in Kaudulla area hah? :action-smiley-060:

croc2pc0.jpg

w470.png

MINIACE

:lol: ha ha ha ha ha :D

Thats a nice one mini. Yeah croc may have to get his heavy duty license though :rolleyes:

Edited by Velocity

Awesome pictures, Dimantha!

The green LN166 in the pictures used to belong to a friend of mine, and I navigated him in that, on the SLARDAR 1000 4x4 Rally and and Southern Monsoon Rally last year. That was an absolutely bullet-proof truck, but he sold it to get a 70 Series like yours. :)

wow thats nice to know KLM. now i feel safer. yeah that was bullet proof truck bro.

:)

Edited by Velocity

that was really good.But dont try to puch it too much u will end up like us here is what happened to us some time ago thinking that 4wd can do anything:)At the end of it all we had to bring a tow truck from colombo and pull the vehilces out the next day.URL=http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic438dz9.jpg]pic438dz9.th.jpg[/url]pic440nm2.th.jpgpic432el4.th.jpg

that was really good.But dont try to puch it too much u will end up like us here is what happened to us some time ago thinking that 4wd can do anything:)At the end of it all we had to bring a tow truck from colombo and pull the vehilces out the next day.URL=http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic438dz9.jpg]pic438dz9.th.jpg[/url]pic440nm2.th.jpgpic432el4.th.jpg

Holy crap machan :) what happend. Ado where is this.

:) good fun by the way. At least you guys were brave enough check what the limitations are.

Off course its better to avoid very risky situations unless help is close by

thanks for the pics man.

lovely pics dims. The location looks awsome. where about is kaudulla?

machan this is a new location and made national park in 2002. Machan you should see the entrance. It was done in 2007 and it has some awesome buildings and a small exbit of animals,

you have to access it through rotawewa which is just near the minneriya national park but to the opposite side of the road,

any new map should carry the route,

Only problem is machan when its goverement owned they do not know how to do marketing.

Machan we went at the ideal time because its now that raining season has started. so where were is where the lake should be, its just starting to fill up. best month i would suggest you to go is either august or the begining of the dry season so that there will be loads of mud to play with.

Edited by Velocity

Hi velocity,

Isn't that air intake absorb water, when water going above the bonnet level (since you don't have a snorkel )

i guess it does bro. getting my snorkelle fixed this week.

i didnt want to do it until i get a scratch in my vehicale,

i got a nice scratch on the door 1 inch long after a tree rubbed against it

So its now time for the snorkelle to go in

:)

Holy crap machan :) what happend. Ado where is this.

:) good fun by the way. At least you guys were brave enough check what the limitations are.

Off course its better to avoid very risky situations unless help is close by

thanks for the pics man.

hmmm.... not sure how 4 wheel guys is do it by us offroad biking folks always let one guy go first in if the situ seems to look tricky... so if he gets stuck others can either help him get out of it without risking rest of the bikes to getting stuck or we think of an alternate spot to cross over...

not to pass judgment but my guess is that if one truck went ahead and got stuck the other one staying back might have been able to drag the first truck out

Velo Bro

good pics mate.. looks like you guys have had a lot of fun out there :)

that was really good.But dont try to puch it too much u will end up like us here is what happened to us some time ago thinking that 4wd can do anything:)At the end of it all we had to bring a tow truck from colombo and pull the vehilces out the next day.

It look like two slaps.Where and how this happened? Dont see a winche and guess thats caused the havoc hah?

MINIACE

Hey velocity thanks for the information bro.This place is little off kurunagala in a place called ibagamuwa.If u go to kurunagala just ask for ibagamuwa water tank and they will direct u .Its very easy to find and is a ver safe place to have fun.

It look like two slaps.Where and how this happened? Dont see a winche and guess thats caused the havoc hah?

MINIACE

yes non of the 2 vehicles dint have wiche and it was total inexperience if its said correct.thing is this place is very safe bec its in a small estate like so lot of people around for help and it was my friend home town to.this place is in ibbagauwa little off kurunagala.u get lot of people coming here with 4x4 to have a day out specially on sundays.shold go there and try it.

MINIACE

yes non of the 2 vehicles dint have wiche and it was total inexperience if its said correct.thing is this place is very safe bec its in a small estate like so lot of people around for help and it was my friend home town to.this place is in ibbagauwa little off kurunagala.u get lot of people coming here with 4x4 to have a day out specially on sundays.shold go there and try it.

Velo...Cant believe that this was on kawudulla. We went once and the whole area was a lake. I must make another trip in the months you mentioned. seems to be so much fun. keep up the good work with your new motor machan

We faced a similar chasos in nachchikuda - Anuradhapura...Lack of preperation / underestimation of the difficulty level of the terrain and overconfidence often invites trouble.

We got bogged down inthe middle of a "wewu pittiya" after driving through afew "gadol meti walawal"

dsc02653da8.th.jpg

dsc02656dl3.th.jpg

dsc07933hm3.th.jpg

dsc07934dx9.th.jpg

dsc07935ck7.th.jpg

dsc07937fz4.th.jpg

Edited by lakshank