• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rip Paul Dana

dhp

This is terrible. As much as I love the IRL, I hate the fact that it is so dangerous. Sam Schmidt crippled, Tony Renna killed, Kenny Brack almost killed, Paul Dana, the list goes on. I wonder if they had the SAFER barrier installed?

Poor bastard. Running with Rahal Letterman meant that he'd have been competitive as well.

This is terrible. As much as I love the IRL, I hate the fact that it is so dangerous. Sam Schmidt crippled, Tony Renna killed, Kenny Brack almost killed, Paul Dana, the list goes on. I wonder if they had the SAFER barrier installed?

Poor bastard. Running with Rahal Letterman meant that he'd have been competitive as well.

He did hit the SAFER wall, but he hit Carpenter's car around 200mph....

most if not all IRL tracks have the SAFER walls installed unlike the NASCAR tracks

http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,12088-5577772,00.html

He did hit the SAFER wall, but he hit Carpenter's car around 200mph....

most if not all IRL tracks have the SAFER walls installed unlike the NASCAR tracks

http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,12088-5577772,00.html

That really sucks. Do these new-generation cars front-impact issues? Didn't Renna also die in one of the newer cars? The old ones were death-traps anyways.

It sucks for Buddy Rice though, he would've been up there with the leading drafting pack at the end.

Anyways, I hope that when they eventually merge with ChampCar (hopefully for next year), they agree on a much safer chassis. The ChampCar Reynards and Lolas are also susceptible to major side-impact hits. Remember Tagliani spearing Zanardi at the Lausitzring?

That really sucks. Do these new-generation cars front-impact issues? Didn't Renna also die in one of the newer cars? The old ones were death-traps anyways.

It sucks for Buddy Rice though, he would've been up there with the leading drafting pack at the end.

Anyways, I hope that when they eventually merge with ChampCar (hopefully for next year), they agree on a much safer chassis. The ChampCar Reynards and Lolas are also susceptible to major side-impact hits. Remember Tagliani spearing Zanardi at the Lausitzring?

I am not sure if they have front-impact issues....

yes, it sucks for Rice and Danica...it'll take some time to shake this one off

I remember Alex Zanardi hurting his legs (in 2001 I think) (I am also old enough to remember the Senna crash)...those were a sad days.

It's great that Zanardi got to come back to racing in 2003 with paddle shifters and other steering controls. I saw him walk (with caines) on the Letterman show....he was saying how his sister died in a car crash and his dad got him a car to keep him away from road racing (ironic) and they ran the first year with one set of tires....

awsome man, awsome story!

I am not sure if they have front-impact issues....

yes, it sucks for Rice and Danica...it'll take some time to shake this one off

I remember Alex Zanardi hurting his legs (in 2001 I think) (I am also old enough to remember the Senna crash)...those were a sad days.

It's great that Zanardi got to come back to racing in 2003 with paddle shifters and other steering controls. I saw him walk (with caines) on the Letterman show....he was saying how his sister died in a car crash and his dad got him a car to keep him away from road racing (ironic) and they ran the first year with one set of tires....

awsome man, awsome story!

Zanardi is still competitive in the World Touring Car Championship, with BMW. I've been a big fan of his for a few years, and if you ever see a clip of his last-lap pass of Bryan Herta at Laguna Seca through the corkscrew (1997 or 1996), you'll be a fan forever as well. At Laguna, they still idolize "The Pass".