• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Air Conditioning Not Working

hyndai

Hi Dear all

every thing with my A/C was ok. but gradually, withing a periode of 1 month, its cooling effect got reduced. Now nothing. but in early mornings, when engine is cooler, The A/C works! once its get hot, thats it.

what might be the reason?

what are the costs associated with A/C reparing, like replacing filter, recharging GAS and etc.

Thank you all in advance;

by, the way, i noticed, that one tube coming from A/C compressor is very hot while other one is ssoooo cold, but the air is not cool.

hope you guys will help.

BR

kasun

Hi Dear all

every thing with my A/C was ok. but gradually, withing a periode of 1 month, its cooling effect got reduced. Now nothing. but in early mornings, when engine is cooler, The A/C works! once its get hot, thats it.

what are the costs associated with A/C reparing, like replacing filter, recharging GAS and etc.

by, the way, i noticed, that one tube coming from A/C compressor is very hot while other one is ssoooo cold, but the air is not cool.

hope you guys will help.

BR

kasun

Kasun, it sounds like your AC gas pressure has gone down, or your compressor is unable to pressure up the system properly.

As you can understand the Air Conditioning unit has less work to do during early morning and late evening as the ambient air temperature is less, and the amount of energy it takes to pressurise hot gas is more than it takes to pressurise colder gas !

The one tube being very hot and the other being very cold is how it should be. The compressor pressurises the gas which makes it very hot and feeds it in to the expnasion valve and evaporator, which causes it to suddenly de pressurise making it extremely cold as it passes through the evaporator, and the blower blows air through the evaporator which is cooled (the warm air transfering its heat to the cool gas within the evaporator) which is what we experience from within the vehicle, and the still cold gas is then returned through the condensor which cools it a bit more (its now warmer after absorbing the heat from the air and cooling it) and then is pressurised again by the compressor ! This is how an air conditioning system works.

You should get your AC system checked out by a reputable place. It is possible the system has a leak, or it might just need to be serviced and re gassed.

Service and re gas costs in the region of 1500 - 6000 depending on the place you go to, a new evaporator 9000 -20000 (or about 6500 if you can find a used one) and a used compressor about 3500 - 5000 and brand new ones are a lot more ! These are rough figures obviously and might be out of date !

Thanks Don!!!

that is very informative!!

thanks again

kasun

Hi Dear all

hope you guys will help.

BR

kasun

By the way, when i turn on A/C these days i can feel it more than i used to fel it earlier, when A/C was working propoerly. Now i can feel a significant loss of pulling power as i start A/C

Could this be a sign of some thing has gone wrong?

Kasun, it sounds like your AC gas pressure has gone down, or your compressor is unable to pressure up the system properly.

As you can understand the Air Conditioning unit has less work to do during early morning and late evening as the ambient air temperature is less, and the amount of energy it takes to pressurise hot gas is more than it takes to pressurise colder gas !

The one tube being very hot and the other being very cold is how it should be. The compressor pressurises the gas which makes it very hot and feeds it in to the expnasion valve and evaporator, which causes it to suddenly de pressurise making it extremely cold as it passes through the evaporator, and the blower blows air through the evaporator which is cooled (the warm air transfering its heat to the cool gas within the evaporator) which is what we experience from within the vehicle, and the still cold gas is then returned through the condensor which cools it a bit more (its now warmer after absorbing the heat from the air and cooling it) and then is pressurised again by the compressor ! This is how an air conditioning system works.

You should get your AC system checked out by a reputable place. It is possible the system has a leak, or it might just need to be serviced and re gassed.

Service and re gas costs in the region of 1500 - 6000 depending on the place you go to, a new evaporator 9000 -20000 (or about 6500 if you can find a used one) and a used compressor about 3500 - 5000 and brand new ones are a lot more ! These are rough figures obviously and might be out of date !