• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Ek3 Virs

Micke

Hi there,

I'm interested in a Honda EK3 ViRS, chipped for performance , custom intake and exhaust with body kits. I just wanna know what are the special things i need to look for when buying this? and Is the price 14.3 worth for a 1997 model?

Expecting your guidance

Micke

correction there are few built in 1998 dec edtion 2-3 cars in srilanka too . hey u can havee one of mine i got two.( a mnual n a auto )..but u dont have to modify anything to virs it comes with the factory fitted lip kit n rs sell n 4 disk ,nice fabric interior n susp..n looks very nice in the original look.if u modify with bodykits n ext it will look just like another modified ek3 on road..the car you are referinig here is a engine swap i guess.. contact me if u need help.cheers

correction there are few built in 1998 dec edtion 2-3 cars in srilanka too . hey u can havee one of mine i got two.( a mnual n a auto )..but u dont have to modify anything to virs it comes with the factory fitted lip kit n rs sell n 4 disk ,nice fabric interior n susp..n looks very nice in the original look.if u modify with bodykits n ext it will look just like another modified ek3 on road..the car you are referinig here is a engine swap i guess.. contact me if u need help.cheers

Hey thanks

Can I have your contact details ?

Micke

Thats a fake :) My old car was the first ViRS in the country & it was 1999 made. If you buy an original you dont need to worry about the body kit as it comes from the factory, intakes are available off-shelf at mot*cad*' ECU's are available with Zakie but you will need a conversion harness which is needed for post 1998 Civics.

Take care of the multimatic gear box and the ECU. My friend had a serious problem with the gear box and the Ecu. Even Zakie could not do anything neither the agent other than replacement. It is very costly.

If you are really interested, better go for a manual one.

good luck brother. :)

Hi,

I was looking for the same one and ultimately it seems that in this one the engine is replaced for a Vi-RS one. This was done in 2002 or 2003. The previous owner claims that this was done for better performance (?). I just wanna know few things.

1. Would that be problem to have a replaced engine. Could better performance be the only reason for a engine replacement.

2. He says that it does 13KMPL in city limits. Could that be possible?

3. What actually does the performance chip does?

4. The original papers are having the original 1.5 engine details. Will that be a legal issue when reselling?

5. They claim that it has done only 90, 000 KMs. Could that be possible?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I virtually know nothing about vehicles.

Thanks

Shiran

Hi,

I was looking for the same one and ultimately it seems that in this one the engine is replaced for a Vi-RS one. This was done in 2002 or 2003. The previous owner claims that this was done for better performance (?). I just wanna know few things.

1. Would that be problem to have a replaced engine. Could better performance be the only reason for a engine replacement.

2. He says that it does 13KMPL in city limits. Could that be possible?

3. What actually does the performance chip does?

4. The original papers are having the original 1.5 engine details. Will that be a legal issue when reselling?

5. They claim that it has done only 90, 000 KMs. Could that be possible?

Sorry for asking so many questions but I virtually know nothing about vehicles.

Thanks

Shiran

1. Vtec swaps are not uncommon these days. Quite a few people opt for this for performence oriented reasons.

2. Might be a TAD overstated. but it would be thereabouts if driven frugaly

3. It depends on how it's been tuned, but basicly it will run a map (air fuel mixture / timing etc) different from that of the stock ecu.

4. Didn't check the ad, but the ViRs should also be 1.5lt. engine code will vary but that wouldn't be too much of an issue as it can be rectified.

5. Possible : yes, Real : up to you.

Edited by Arc Angel

1. Vtec swaps are not uncommon these days. Quite a few people opt for this for performence oriented reasons.

2. Might be a TAD overstated. but it would be thereabouts if driven frugaly

3. It depends on how it's been tuned, but basicly it will run a map (air fuel mixture / timing etc) different from that of the stock ecu.

4. Didn't check the ad, but the ViRs should also be 1.5lt. engine code will vary but that wouldn't be too much of an issue as it can be rectified.

5. Possible : yes, Real : up to you.

Arc Angel,

Thank you for your in-detailed response. All that make sense. These forums are becoming very worthwhile spending time on.

Thanks all of you for responses!

Shiran