• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1100 Bhp Cobra Limited

Andrew_GTR

the night club thing is so true. sober fun. Ideal situation would be now, abandoned air field. at night! Do we have any like this around. or warehouse compounds. The sport must go on...There should be like a committee that should be formed to find places 2 drag.

who wud support them if they get caught?no offence to any1 but i dnt c any1 stickin arnd if the cops lock these organisers up...there r airfields hardly used but they'r too far n not in great shape

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, even I remember the night the Saxo came and the scramble all over Colombo. Wasn't easy to keep up. Have fond memories of the cops coming to SSC. Madmax and I decided to hang around since I was in the Cali, and no cop with 1/2 a brain is gonna look at the 20yo Cali with 32sri plates and think I was racing :D All the buggers suddenly spilt, and then after a bit this old ass landcruiser, practically falling apart goes by chugga chugga. Not Traffic buggers :D Damn we laughed SO hard. Cops didn't even look our way.

guys guys this is so funny, do u guys remember a garbage truck draging alone at GP, man that moved!!

That was mega funny man!

Heck, even I remember the night the Saxo came and the scramble all over Colombo. Wasn't easy to keep up. Have fond memories of the cops coming to SSC. Madmax and I decided to hang around since I was in the Cali, and no cop with 1/2 a brain is gonna look at the 20yo Cali with 32sri plates and think I was racing :D All the buggers suddenly spilt, and then after a bit this old ass landcruiser, practically falling apart goes by chugga chugga. Not Traffic buggers :D Damn we laughed SO hard. Cops didn't even look our way.

LoL...that was a night to remember dude... probably the best... preveen how long has it been since those days? I think like 3-4 years or maybe earlier...seems like ages though....man even old uncles in jeeps, montero's, and prado's came to watch...u couldnt even move at marine drive so crowded..damn it i miss those days...

LoL...that was a night to remember dude... probably the best... preveen how long has it been since those days? I think like 3-4 years or maybe earlier...seems like ages though....man even old uncles in jeeps, montero's, and prado's came to watch...u couldnt even move at marine drive so crowded..damn it i miss those days...

I think that car crashing in to the round about and another hitting a 3 wheeler sort of sealed the deal!!

Do y remember the wheel on that car was in pieces.things got nasty after that

Ya man!!!!!!!!!! Those were the days!!! All along GP on both sides....it was amazing!!! Dude were u there the night when we had over 100 cars easy at Baseline and the Citroen Saxo turned up...damn what a night that was...we went from Marine Drive to Baseline to SSC to GP and back to Marine Drive...over 100 cars racing all over colombo!!! We will never have that again....it was just crazy..u know man its been like nearly 4 years since those days......

wow.. this seems to have been awsome.. nice nice indeed!!!

Christ, I've lost track. I remember the first day I came, came down GP, all neons and beat boxes going, and there was even this family in a van, complete with 80yo grandma, put out a mat on the pavement haveing a picnic watching the fun :music-smiley-026:

Christ, I've lost track. I remember the first day I came, came down GP, all neons and beat boxes going, and there was even this family in a van, complete with 80yo grandma, put out a mat on the pavement haveing a picnic watching the fun :music-smiley-026:

Heheh...that was quite a time...i have the Street Racing Dvd that was released by the drag boys...cant mention names...its quite good has all the drags from the old days and with both sides of GP packed...dunno if i can rip it and upload it somewhere..hehehe or i might get into trouble for that.......

about keeping the sport alive...

road racing seems to follow the same life-cycle independent of the location. It's all fun until someone has a crash and the cops run everyone off.

the only solution seems to be small racing events such as the SOLO SCCA events in north America. These events give the average weekend racers (without corporate sponsorships) an opportunity to have some safe & clean fun driving their cars as well as the all important adrenaline rush.

everyone (despite car/budget) can be competitive as long as the events and cars are properly classified. I hope that someone in SL is able to create such an org which is sanctioned by an official body. Other than being just fun these events could produce some world class drivers....after all SL drivers have pretty good reflexes :music-smiley-026:

guys guys this is so funny, do u guys remember a garbage truck draging alone at GP, man that moved!!

That was mega funny man!

Anyone remember a BM almost crashing a STI? That was a narrow escape?

Errr, dude.... about that avatar..... is that two golf carts drifting? :D:(:D

thats right, those r golf carts drifting tandem D1 style

its gotta be fun and a lil scary...I have tried it but they had speed limiters on, so couldn't get fast enough to have much fun :lol:

this what I need

Hmmm...u know what i've also wanted to try them out but never did....how's their food anyway?

About nanas', bit of a late reply, but I make it a point to go there anytime I'm in SL and the food is good as always, their naans are to die for, and very filling too. Bit on the pricier side though, more than pilawoos, and their quality has gone down a little bit after the old man died. But if you don't mind a nice audience of stray dogs and beggars, then sure this is the place for u :D Just avoid buying softdrinks there.

U dont get that unique pilawoos "taste" though :( Btw have any of you'll tried the old pilawoos in fort?I'm not sure if they're connected or if it's still there even, but the couple of times I tried it those days it was very good..mm can't wait to get back.

edit: and that seems to be the end of the 1000bhp cobra as well...these forums would make a good study for a psychologist researching digression theory :D

About nanas', bit of a late reply, but I make it a point to go there anytime I'm in SL and the food is good as always, their naans are to die for, and very filling too. Bit on the pricier side though, more than pilawoos, and their quality has gone down a little bit after the old man died. But if you don't mind a nice audience of stray dogs and beggars, then sure this is the place for u :D Just avoid buying softdrinks there.

U dont get that unique pilawoos "taste" though :D Btw have any of you'll tried the old pilawoos in fort?I'm not sure if they're connected or if it's still there even, but the couple of times I tried it those days it was very good..mm can't wait to get back.

edit: and that seems to be the end of the 1000bhp cobra as well...these forums would make a good study for a psychologist researching digression theory :D

Hmmmm...must try out nana's when i get back...sounds good...but Pilawoos is still the one for me cant beat that unique taste dude...LoL....There's an old pilawoos in fort?? Never knew that....and yes the cobra is long gone dead..its my thread anyway so it doesnt matter...i mean after all the originater of the thread Hi-jacked it... LoL..

From Cobra's, To Pillawoos, To cheese Rotti, To PIllawoos, To Drags, To crashes, to Nana's... lol ...yay for awkward threads!!!

Gotta Love it dude...3 cheers for spontaneity and thread hi-jackers..!!! :D:D

Gotta Love it dude...3 cheers for spontaneity and thread hi-jackers..!!! :D:D

And it's a 7 page thread too :D I wonder what kindof dissapointment someone who doesn't know anything about Colombo eating houses, and is in love with 1000bhp Cobras would have if he stumbled across this thread :D

thats right, those r golf carts drifting tandem D1 style

its gotta be fun and a lil scary...I have tried it but they had speed limiters on, so couldn't get fast enough to have much fun :D

this what I need

Hahaha that's hillarious. I can see it now...a bunch of Sri Lankans showing up at a public golf course and making a booking: "Sir, your tee-off time is 1pm and do you need to rent any clubs today?". "No thank you, but my friends and I would like to rent all your golf carts please...."

And it's a 7 page thread too :D I wonder what kindof dissapointment someone who doesn't know anything about Colombo eating houses, and is in love with 1000bhp Cobras would have if he stumbled across this thread :D

LoL....He would probably voice his dissapointment with us then... "You bloody autolanka buggers cant even stick to a topic..degrading a cobra by talking about eating joints"...LoL... imagine :D:D

Hahaha that's hillarious. I can see it now...a bunch of Sri Lankans showing up at a public golf course and making a booking: "Sir, your tee-off time is 1pm and do you need to rent any clubs today?". "No thank you, but my friends and I would like to rent all your golf carts please...."

NOW THAT IS A POSSIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!