• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Es Series

monty

Hi Guys,

Are there any cosmetic differences among the following Civic ES models that were released from 2003 onwards?

ES1 - 2003

ES1 Ferio - 2003 / 2004

ES5 - 2004 / 2005

ES5 - Vti - 2004

Although they appear similar in appearance I've noticed that some hold a slightly different design for the head lamps / front design / bonnet if I'm not mistaken. Is this something to do with what they call as "Face Lift"? :unsure:

Thanks Guys !

monty :jumping-smiley-013:

ES 1 and ES 5 after 2003 end you get face lifted models. Head lamps and buffers are the major changes from the previous year models.

ES 1 is 1500cc japaneese domestic model and has fabric seats, Rear seat can't be folded. Radio has got limited frequincies.

ES 5 is 1600cc export model and forward shell is different than the ES 1. Has got fenders on doors and rear seat can be folded. Seats are leather (artificial). Other than that all the exterior parts are same.

Clear. Thanks for the information jaga.

Just a quick question on ES1 facelift and ES5....Any idea whether we get the manual versions of these models over here in Sri Lanka? Also would like to know how the two models fare on fuel comparatively.

Thanks!

monty

You will have to look at a brand new imported car to find a manual ES1. I looked sometime back and could not find a single one. Also the brandnew ones come 'Exi/non ferrio' which means no v-tec. I'd say look around for a Vti-S which usually comes from Sing. as there are a few cars around that came manual.