• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impreza Skirting

teejay

Question

Hi Guys!

I've managed to find myself a used set of skirting for my 99 Impreza (sedan). But some of my buddies are discouraging me from purchasing it and attaching it to the body. Some of the reasons they give are

- Having to drill holes into the body to attach, which will lead to corrosion

- Sweeping the roads for free because of low ground clearance :-)

- Issues when it comes to finding replacements if an accident were to occur

Any advise or experience that you like to share on this would be most appreciated! Also any idea on how much I should fork out for the set (sides and rear).

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

well low ground clearence is something u have to expect if u are going to put any sort of KIT. and when u do put it on ur driving habits will have to change, especially near road humps and pot holes.. i have a set of subaru skirts on my astina.. AND YES they fit.. anyway for ur imoreza i suggest u go for the factory original that comes out.. sorry to say i do not have an idea of the current pricing in the market..

corrosion can be minimzed if u do the job correctly.. and replcemnt parts i agree u will need to find another set of skirting or fibre what is left out after an accident... B)

well low ground clearence is something u have to expect if u are going to put any sort of KIT. and when u do put it on ur driving habits will have to change, especially near road humps and pot holes.. i have a set of subaru skirts on my astina.. AND YES they fit.. anyway for ur imoreza i suggest u go for the factory original that comes out.. sorry to say i do not have an idea of the current pricing in the market..

corrosion can be minimzed if u do the job correctly.. and replcemnt parts i agree u will need to find another set of skirting or fibre what is left out after an accident... B)

Thanks charitha. Yes. It's a used orignal one that I have found. The one made from a rubberish compund.