• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Spitting Oil Out The Engine Oil Lid

Ksjay

Hi,

I m planning of getting an FB 15. But all the cars i checked spit oil out when you open the engine oil lid. Is this because the engine is in bad shape or is it normal? also.. if a car has more than 100,000 km on the meter does that mean the engine has only little more life.

K

Edited by Ksjay

Hi,

I m planning of getting an FB 15. But all the cars i checked spit oil out when you open the engine oil lid. Is this because the engine is in bad shape or is it normal? also.. if a car has more than 100,000 km on the meter does that mean the engine has only little more life.

K

Did you open the lid while the engine is running?

Usually Japanese Petrol engines can run upto 300 000 - 500 000 without any major engine repair. 100000 km is not a bad reading for a car.

Hi,

K

I guess sha7 has asked the most important question. If you open the oil cap when the engine is running it will spit out oil :)

A Japanese engine should manage at least 250K without an engine overhaul but bad maintenance might shorten its life span.

Hi,

K

I am thinking you were tying to see if any compression was leaking out through the oil lid? What you should look for is a kida smoke (compression gas from inside the cylinder) coming out when you open the oil lid. If the pistons or rings are worn this would leak the gas from inside the compression chamber and would escape when you open the oil lid. Oild spitting out doesnt mean the engine is worn.

I am thinking you were tying to see if any compression was leaking out through the oil lid? What you should look for is a kida smoke (compression gas from inside the cylinder) coming out when you open the oil lid. If the pistons or rings are worn this would leak the gas from inside the compression chamber and would escape when you open the oil lid. Oild spitting out doesnt mean the engine is worn.

Thanks alot guys. yes Maliths i was trying to check the compression. and yes.. i did it when the engine was running.Too dad i gave up on some good cars then coz the oil came out. What to do. :blink::( . I ll go hunting this sunday too :jumping-smiley-013::D

Thanks alot guys. yes Maliths i was trying to check the compression. and yes.. i did it when the engine was running.Too dad i gave up on some good cars then coz the oil came out. What to do. :blink::( . I ll go hunting this sunday too :jumping-smiley-013::D

All over head cam engines splash oil when you open the lid i think. please correct me if i am wrong.