• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Market Price Of Mazda Famillia 2001/2002

Buddhika.Semasinghe

Hi all,

I would be more grateful if someone could tell me the details of petrol consumption , market price , performance between 2001 or 2002 models in both 323 and famillia. what is the main difference between 323 and famillia ?.

Well the best I can say is that the cars are a quite good value for money. You can probably get a good model in the range of 15-19 Lakhs. As for petrol consumptions, they generally do 8 to 10km\l (Of course you can get more or less depending on your driving style) There's basically no difference between the 2001 or 2002 models, Just YOM. Different engines will be the only performance difference. (1.5 or 1.6L in over here) The cars handle very nicely.

The BJ series is manufactured from '98 to 2003 and you can go for the face-lifted model. The engines are responsive and revy. The VVT engine is a bit smoother on the pickup in my opinion. This will also do a bit better on fuel...all depends on you not reving too high between shifts ryt? This is a generally agreed upon fact for all vehicles ya.

I've got a 323 hatch myself and it's a very dependable car to own. Parts are readily available in Panchikawatte but are a bit pricey if you compare to the corolla 110. I'm a fan of the car, and will definitely recommend it to anyone who's thinking of buying one. Really fun to drive and it would be my preference over a corolla 110. Corolla has a softer suspension think though coz its just a tad comfier, but the Mazda beats it in other aspects.

The 323 is a generally better equipped model with a fewer cosmetic extras over the Familia. That's the only difference.

Had a discussion on this earlier.Check the link..

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...ic=5644&hl=

Hope this helps...just my humble opinions... ^_^

P.s. Not to be a broker or anything, just think you might wanna check this out since ur interested in the car. My brother in law is selling his Blue Familia hatchback. YOM 2000 and manual. I was the previous owner. It's worth checking out. :)

Hi all,

I would be more grateful if someone could tell me the details of petrol consumption , market price , performance between 2001 or 2002 models in both 323 and famillia. what is the main difference between 323 and famillia ?.

N@visport has given u a true life experience – simply because he too was in your position and now is a happy owner

Other than the points put the 323 tend not to have airbags in some models e.g mine does not have airbags. The rear of a 323 is slightly higher than the Familia’s overall ground clearance is higher than the Familia .

1.6CC is mainly found with the 323’s and is an excellent drive – parts and skilled people are available as well as a group of people on A/L who love the brand Mazda & Ford.

Recommend the following when purchased as I’ve always put down

-check the mileage with maintenance records

- Timing belts have to be replaced by 90K

- Do a proper under body check up and sensors – the new models have sensors that need to be handled with care and knowledgeable technicians

Please fee free to drop a mail if you require more advise to [email protected] or [email protected]

Hi all,

Im sure you can pick up a J/K reg car for 14.50-15.50 range. 2002/3 models with newer K Reg nos will be going up to about 1.9 million.

I was offered an unregistered 2001 BJ3P for 16.50 recently (Customs Auction Car).