• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Next Nsx To Challenege Ferrari's And Lambo's

Overdrive

Next Acura NSX Has Ferrari F430 in Its Sights

Date posted: 03-22-2006

acuransx6kb.jpg

Honda is reportedly working on the next Acura NSX, basing it on the HSC concept car from 2003 (pictured). (Photo courtesy of Honda)

TOKYO — Work on Honda's replacement for the much loved Acura NSX supercar is progressing, and Honda has Ferrari's F430 in its sights with the new car.

Prototypes are already testing in Japan, according to company insiders, and the car is said to be based on the stunning HSC concept car of 2003. The car's styling is said to preview an all-new design direction for Honda's U.S. upscale brand, Acura. But different drivetrain layouts are under evaluation: midengined (like the old NSX) and front-engined prototypes are reportedly being tested.

The new model is designed to challenge the Ferrari F430, the Lamborghini Gallardo and the forthcoming Lexus supercar, and Honda wants to reinforce its race-bred Formula 1 credibility with the car, which is expected to hit showrooms in 2009.

Power is expected to come from a high-revving, normally aspirated 500-hp, V10 engine, with electronically controlled all-wheel drive derived from the next-generation Legend sedan.

What this means to you: The old NSX is a hard act to follow, but Honda's engineers are undoubtedly up to the task. [/color]

Next Acura NSX Has Ferrari F430 in Its Sights

Date posted: 03-22-2006

Honda is reportedly working on the next Acura NSX, basing it on the HSC concept car from 2003 (pictured). (Photo courtesy of Honda)

TOKYO — Work on Honda's replacement for the much loved Acura NSX supercar is progressing, and Honda has Ferrari's F430 in its sights with the new car.

Prototypes are already testing in Japan, according to company insiders, and the car is said to be based on the stunning HSC concept car of 2003. The car's styling is said to preview an all-new design direction for Honda's U.S. upscale brand, Acura. But different drivetrain layouts are under evaluation: midengined (like the old NSX) and front-engined prototypes are reportedly being tested.

The new model is designed to challenge the Ferrari F430, the Lamborghini Gallardo and the forthcoming Lexus supercar, and Honda wants to reinforce its race-bred Formula 1 credibility with the car, which is expected to hit showrooms in 2009.

Power is expected to come from a high-revving, normally aspirated 500-hp, V10 engine, with electronically controlled all-wheel drive derived from the next-generation Legend sedan.

What this means to you: The old NSX is a hard act to follow, but Honda's engineers are undoubtedly up to the task. [/color]

You just made the day for two fellows man.. :P Thats a nice picture to change your signature too :D

hey i can't view the image

but it looked like the red one in this pic

nsxtop3rg.th.jpg

comre to think of it the light's were different not pop up light's :D

I have updated the image. Its the same one but a slightly newer manufacture year. the one without the pop up light is the NSX-R, I highly doubt it could be that,

guess your right i don't think it's a R. what about the ACURA version of the NSX does it have pop up light's

the car in sri lanka had new numbers :D

not sure machan, u'll have to ask the boys from the stetes. Here honda is Honda,

Was it at NEC?

About 2 years ago i met one of the honda R&D engineers who was working on the NSX concept. At least the one that was targeted for 2005 or so before that initial project got canned. It was supposed to have a very sofisticated hybrid drive system. The guy was not giving away anything but said it was being tested at the Ohio Honda R&D house.

wat did they hav at the 2005 show?i mean supercars...2004 they even had the thunderbirds pink 6 wheeld car...all those pics went 'kapoot' wit my hard disk

well alot. Enzo, and the others (wrnt interested in them), all the lambo's, porsche gt3,all of the original WRC cars, the real Renault F1 car, mclaren F1 car and BAR F1 car nad many more. Saw david coulthad being interviewed, do u guys know gerhard burger he wass there too, just missed JB (jenson button) i was looking forward in seeing the veron but nope, plenty of talent though.

There was a super car show afterwards, russ swift (have u heard of him?) super stunt driver he did his thing with a heavily modified sti8, colin mcraes dad and brother alistar did their drifting and shi* with the subarus, all this indoor man!!

well alot. Enzo, and the others (wrnt interested in them), all the lambo's, porsche gt3,all of the original WRC cars, the real Renault F1 car, mclaren F1 car and BAR F1 car nad many more. Saw david coulthad being interviewed, do u guys know gerhard burger he wass there too, just missed JB (jenson button) i was looking forward in seeing the veron but nope, plenty of talent though.

There was a super car show afterwards, russ swift (have u heard of him?) super stunt driver he did his thing with a heavily modified sti8, colin mcraes dad and brother alistar did their drifting and shi* with the subarus, all this indoor man!!

well they had a stunt day in 2004 too but i was wit frnz who weren't as interestd...the only F1 car there was was a ferrari...lookd like a replica tho...they were also givin a TVR Sagaris away...luv that car

the usual SLR, Carrera GT, Ford GT, Jag XJ220 and even the MG XPower...dammm the birds wit the MG...its a damn nice car u knw n its a shame MG Rover shut down cos only a handful were built by that time...wudve luvd to see the F1 drivers in person man...u got the lucky year lol

btw beliv it or not they gave me a senior ticket by accident :action-smiley-060:

well they had a stunt day in 2004 too but i was wit frnz who weren't as interestd...the only F1 car there was was a ferrari...lookd like a replica tho...they were also givin a TVR Sagaris away...luv that car

the usual SLR, Carrera GT, Ford GT, Jag XJ220 and even the MG XPower...dammm the birds wit the MG...its a damn nice car u knw n its a shame MG Rover shut down cos only a handful were built by that time...wudve luvd to see the F1 drivers in person man...u got the lucky year lol

btw beliv it or not they gave me a senior ticket by accident :action-smiley-060:

machan i have some nice phot's but my camera is 8 Megapixel so the images take so long to upload. I am trying to re size it with acdsee8, hope for the best?