• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Vehicles

Da HULK

hey guy's went to oyota lanka today to get clutch for my corolla and saw the 2006 rav4,camry,frontier (don't know if i got the name right :P ) and Yaris. i thought the vitz is called the yaris in european countries :D . anyway this was a four door car. did they officially launch these vehicle's? and the new camry looke a lot like the accord The JDM version :rolleyes:

Machang,

Yaris is actulay called Vitz in Sri Lanka. Excpet we have the hatch back model. Lot of ppl though Vitz is the successor for the populer starlet, but its not. Yaris is also and answer for Soluna and Vios from Toyota

the yaris at the toyota is a four door car like the corolla. not like the 4 door vitz :violent-smiley-030:

They are planning to bring out a Yaris T-Sport (hatchback model) at end of this year I think. Its supposed to have the 1.8 litre VVt-i engine from the Celica, but I don't think it'll be the 190bhp, probably be the 150bhp. But it should still be pretty fast.

They are planning to bring out a Yaris T-Sport (hatchback model) at end of this year I think. Its supposed to have the 1.8 litre VVt-i engine from the Celica, but I don't think it'll be the 190bhp, probably be the 150bhp. But it should still be pretty fast.

The new camrys been out in America for a while..I'm assuming it's the same car. I'm pretty sick of people talking about cars and saying that a car looks like something else..sure, it may in your oinion, but its something bound to happen with any manufacturer..its not like the designers go around spying on each others cars! And as for the camry, I think it looks just like a smaller version of the new avalon that's been out for well over a year.

Frontier? What exactly is that? a pickup? Funny they'd use a name that Nissan already uses for one of their pickups!

Now they're selling the Yaris in America too. I guess it's a good replacement for that lame Echo, but Toyota has really been screwing up lately..why the hell would they discontinue the Celica???

New Toyota Camry 2007

photo17nc.jpg

photo32vk.jpg

photo22lj.jpg

**************************************************************************************************************************

New Toyata Yaris 2007 :P

image2376rb.jpg

y18ex.jpg

y33mg.jpg

y49pi.jpg

y21pk.jpg

normally toyota lanka does a pretty big launch party doesnt it? i guess the official launching will be coming up soon, but they kept the caras in the showroom to tempt us :P

I believe they did already have a launch....if not it should be within a week or two

Hey!

Thanks mate for the pics..

How much r these 2 cars in Sri Lanka..

And the Yaris is the new platz.. in Japan its known as the Belta

Sorry Umar Ali , :action-smiley-060: I don't Know the prices…… Anyone Know The Price List Of these New Vehicles In Toyota Lanka…… ?????

adey the rear of the camry looks like the mark x ...wait and so does the front and interior too...

the mark x is for sale at a staggering 9mil plus vat.. wonder how much the camry is

btw the camry is bigger inside n out...ironically it comes wit a 4 pot engine n 5 spd auto as opposd to the mark x's 2.5 v6 6spd auto n it's RWD!

• 2 weeks later...

Test drove a new yaris 1.3L auto. That was one from first lot.

Pulling is very good ( guess b'cos of ECT) with 3 people on board. Steering is smooth. My personal feeling is handdling better than corolla(?). Dash board apprears little different than the picture in one of earlier posts. It's the 2005 version for SL, but 2007 version already released in other countries. but sure yaris will catch the market very fast.

Introduction price was 2.95 mill, but for the second lot onwards it will repordedly increase by some amount.

I dont find a reason why 1.3Ls dont come with rpm meters (is it a toyota thing, not sure !!)

Toyota's salesmanship is very bad, they dont care customers as they know with whatever shitty service, will get the business for that make in SL.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guy's went to oyota lanka today to get clutch for my corolla and saw the 2006 rav4,camry,frontier (don't know if i got the name right :) ) and Yaris. i thought the vitz is called the yaris in european countries :D . anyway this was a four door car. did they officially launch these vehicle's? and the new camry looke a lot like the accord The JDM version :angry-smiley-048:

Dude - how did the races go? did you win anything? cheers