• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic...es8 Or Es5

daytona

Hi,

My parents are looking to buy a car, they want to spend between 2-3 million, I've been trying to push them towards the Honda Civic. But not sure which one would be best value for money.......es5 or the es8........what are the market prices for them? From my research, es8's go for about 2.2-2.5 and a es5 3-3.2.

Can anyone comment about the fuel efficiency, maintainence cost and overall ownership experience of the two cars please?

Also, could anyone recommend a good honda mechanic in the colombo area?

Thanks.....

Hi,

My parents are looking to buy a car, they want to spend between 2-3 million, I've been trying to push them towards the Honda Civic. But not sure which one would be best value for money.......es5 or the es8........what are the market prices for them? From my research, es8's go for about 2.2-2.5 and a es5 3-3.2.

Can anyone comment about the fuel efficiency, maintainence cost and overall ownership experience of the two cars please?

Also, could anyone recommend a good honda mechanic in the colombo area?

Thanks.....

Es 8 is brand new imported by agent 1.5 cc and Es 5 are mostly comming from singapore and used ones and engine capacity is 1.6 cc and majority is vti.

2nd hand ES8 face lifted model market is betn 2.8million-3.2 mill. (Y.O.M.is after 2004) and the older version is betn 2million- 2.4 mill.

Face lifted ES5 (Y.O.M.after 2004) has got a heigher 2nd hand market and between 3.2mil- 3.5 million.

Both cars body exterior is more or less same but interior ES8 is fabric and ES5 is leather.Colour of dash board also different.

Agent of Honda is better than other agents in Sri Lanka. Out side also you find some experts.Spares are freely available. But honda multimatic gear box (CVT) gives problems over the period of time. Therefore better to go for Automatic or manual gear box.

jaga...thanks for the reply.....what model comes out of the japanese recon market?

If you had the option, which would you go for? Second hand es8, es5 or the ones from the japanese markets?

Also....can some PM me details of good honda mechanics pls.

Thanks

All civics are made in Japan but their domestic model is called CIVIC Ferio ES1. Face is bit different and 1.5 cc engine . In here un registered market is bit less than the ES5.

My one is ES 1 auto. There is a mechanic called UPUL from Malabe. :)

• 10 months later...