• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eps Problem

Ksjay

Hi guys,

I m using my first car equipped with EPS. Its a Chevrolet Cruze. i ve noticed that the turning is not very smooth. It turns freely for a bit and i can feel a resistance then again its free and then resistance again. I don’t feel it much when the car moves fast but when it’s going slow this shows.

What i want to know is whether its normal, or if its a problem what you guys suspect it is...

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Kumudu

:)

Edited by Ksjay

Hi guys,

I m using my first car equipped with EPS. Its a Chevrolet Cruze. i ve noticed that the turning is not very smooth. It turns freely for a bit and i can feel a resistance then again its free and then resistance again. I don’t feel it much when the car moves fast but when it’s going slow this shows.

What i want to know is whether its normal, or if its a problem what you guys suspect it is...

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Kumudu

:)

Sounds like an issue in the power steering system. Does your have hydraulic or electronic power steering ?

I have the exact same problem. Initially I was told that it is a kink in the steering rack but I do not buy the story. Please let me know if you find the reason.

Thanks

Will do Lahiruwan

Don- Mine is and electronic powerstearing system. any good places for EPS repair?

• 4 months later...
I have the exact same problem. Initially I was told that it is a kink in the steering rack but I do not buy the story. Please let me know if you find the reason.

Thanks

Hi Lahiruwan, I finaly found the reason for this. It is not a problem with the car. Its the tire. It went away when i changed the tires :)

Whats Cruze stering system ?if its electro-hydraulic steering ,the problem possibly its variable speed pump or its sensing faliure or if direct electric steering (no pump or fluid) a faulty steering torque and rotation sensor's inputs are culprits.

MINIACE

• 3 months later...

Got the same problem with our Vios, was told that it has an electronic power steering system. Normally after an air top up on the tyres, its very light steering, but sometimes even that doesn't sort it out, and the steering gets abit heavy.. :unsure: