• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Some Information On Nissan March

Charles

Hi Guys,

I am looking for Nissan March k11 model, can someone out there let me know the pros and cons of K11's. I'm looking for a fuel efficient and reliable car for around 1mil.

Thanks in advance.

Charles.

Hi Charles,

I have heard that the K11 is not that good on fuel. But I have not owned one so pls try to contact anyone who has one or had one.

Sagaris

Hi Charles,

I have heard that the K11 is not that good on fuel. But I have not owned one so pls try to contact anyone who has one or had one.

Sagaris

You are sort of correct but IMO your statement needs to be re-phrased to ‘K11 doesn’t do well on fuel compared to similar models of other brands of similar vintage i.e. starlet’. So the moral of my story is go for a starlet instead. I think the K11 got a decent MPG figure but since it is small in size people expect the fuel consumption to be much lower.

yep the k11 wouldnt offer very good economy compared its rivals. such as the vitz. the problem with the k11 is they made it for 2 long. whereas the rivalry kept upgrading its model range. to put it simply the k11 came out to compete with the ep81 starlet, went on to win the car of the year award. kept going through the ep91 era till the vitz arrived. and then it was replaced just as the facelifted vitz arrived. as for ergonomics and driving feel the k11 is a decade behind the competetion. if u need proof get in one and see how much space you've got. and if u wanna know how dated it is look at the a pillers from inside the car. im sorry if im getting carried away but i just dont think its a man's car. u r better off with a glanza s. if u are very serious about economy however try to stretch the pennies a bit n buy a 1.0 vitz.

In case if you have a March which does low mpl do the following to get the maximum:

- On time oil change with oil filter change on ever other service (use the genuine filter)

- Check the air filter, if it is hard, dirty or less oily then replace it. If it is in good shape, get it cleaned

- pump 95 octain if possible

- Watch out your drving habits. Rabbit jumps in the traffic blocks, and usless high revving burns more fuel

Having said all these even A*W agrees that toyota is more efficient on fuel. I've heard that Swift is good too, but don't have any experience though

Edited by isam

Thank you guys for the feedback... I appreciate it.. please clarify these too

1st, Can I buy a Starlet or Vitz with a budget of 1 mil (Not Exceeding) ?

2nd, will a march 1L Manual do more than 10Km/Liter in City Limits ?

3rd, Is k11's are easy to dispose ?

Thanks guys

Charles.

Actually, if you get hold of a 1.3l K11, its supposed to do better than the 1.0 version.

Yup, thats right. we had a 1.3 manual & a 1.0 auto at the same time. The 1.3 was much better on fuel & also was more fun to drive.

Hi Charles, to answer your questions;

1. A Vitz will be over your budget, I haven't been following the prices of the EP82 starlet but this should be below 1mil.

2. I have not come across a 1.0 manual yet, there may be a few of them in the pre-facelift edition.

3. The 1.0 models are freely availble & with equal trim levels in the market so they always go in for cheaper deals since there is nothing to differentiate one form another except for the color of it.

You are sort of correct but IMO your statement needs to be re-phrased to ‘K11 doesn’t do well on fuel compared to similar models of other brands of similar vintage i.e. starlet’. So the moral of my story is go for a starlet instead. I think the K11 got a decent MPG figure but since it is small in size people expect the fuel consumption to be much lower.

point taken. sorry about my ignorance.

Thank you guys for the feedback... I appreciate it.. please clarify these too

1st, Can I buy a Starlet or Vitz with a budget of 1 mil (Not Exceeding) ?

Thanks guys

Charles.

:)

First of all bro, keep in mind that the world starlet doesnt reflect a one and only model and starlets were manufactured by toyota since around 1978 to 1998-1999. Therefore starlet models has come changing continuously starting from the EP 71 then EP 82 and last EP 91. The EP71 and the early EP82s are carburetter engined models and late EP82s and all EP91s are EFI engined hatchbacks with 1.3L engines. As we know, the EFI engined ones are less troublesome and more fuel efficient (EFI is the successor of carb mechanism) , a late EP 82 starlet or any EP91 model starlet is a really good investment. and Relating to your question, out of these models, only the EP 82 s are going for around 1 million. Depending on their condition, number, year of manufacture and the engine (carb or EFI), the prices might go bit up and down. Neither Vitz nor starlet EP91 could be bought for around 1 million. But dont get dishearted, in Sri Lanka, there are hardly used, well maintained EP82s with excellent condition. So if you are lucky, you will find a good one for your budget. If you are able, I would recommend that you would better spend slightly more and gofor the EP91 because obviously it is the newest model in the starlet range. As a guide, consider these prices. AL guys, you are welcome to alter any price as Im not 100% upto date with the recent prices.

EP 82 (Normal model) - around 1 million

EP 82 (GT-Turbo) - higher than 1 million (not sure though)

EP 91 (normal model) - from 11.5 lakhs to 13.5 lakhs

EP 91 (Turbo , known as "Glanza") - Around 14-15 (if Im correct)

Vitz - From 15 to higher

The following data might vary becos these few months old information I gathered when I was hunting for a starlet 6 months ago. Currently I own a EP91 starlet. Exactly starlets are more fuel efficient than March. I also got advised by A*W that starlet is more reliable, low maintenance and more fuel efficient than Nissan March. From engine parts to most other spare parts, starlet parts are easy to find. So less hassle. If you are further interested to know about starlets, let me know with your questions. Always willing to help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):alc::alc:

it seems like fuel economy is the priority here. but i must state all these figures vary from person to person. i get 11km/l from my 1.5 vitz. whereas i used to get only 8-10 in my boy racer days. all these cars mentioned are capable of figures better than 12km/l but there's something really tragic about getting the 1.0 version. that is u have to rev it more to keep up with normal traffic. and its how much u rev that depends from person to person. there's no point revving the beans out of it and hitting the brakes like i used to do when i was young cos u've just caught up with the car in front of u which is moving at a much slower rate. but then again there's no point accelerating so slowly that u hold up the cars behind you. anyways as i said earlier if u rev it more it may actually use a lot more fuel than say a 1.5 would do to progress at the same rate. i'll give you and example. i get 11km/l from my 1.5 and my aunt who uses a k11 1.0 auto which does only 11-12 and she's a very slow driver. why? cos i only rev up to 1500 rpm in normal traffic and she just does a lot more.